1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

2006 Prius Option Codes, Package Contents and Color Combos

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by amped, Aug 14, 2005.

1. Jack 06

Jack 06 New Member

Winters, CA: Prius capital of US. 30 miles W of S
    It also offers a pivoting front seat for ease of entry/exit---doesn't say (can't read it anyway!) whether seat is adjustable in other ways, but shows a picture of the seat facing partially outward.

2. MBranstein

MBranstein New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    The pictures also show a much shorter antenae (sp?). We've all been asking for that!

3. MBranstein

MBranstein New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    You just have to surf the Japanese website regardless of the language barrier. I hope the US site has as much information. Wow!

4. syncmaster

syncmaster Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    Here is the japan web site page translated.

2005/11/01

TOYOTA, pre- mortar minor change

The TOYOTA changed the pre- mortar minor, sold from November 1st via the Toyota store and the Toyopet store of entire country.

With the latest minor change, besides the fact that it made furthermore advanced style with the design modification of the grille * headlight the front and the combination lamp et cetera the rear, it sets new outside plate color 4 color. Furthermore, as " the HYBRID " emblem is added to the front fender, size " of the HYBRID SYNERGY DRIVE " emblem the rear has been expanded.
    As for the interior, in the seat which makes atmosphere more comfortable in addition to with respect to recognition propensity of software pad conversion and combination meter of the instrument panel and the door trim, on the epidermis this leather and the アルカンターラ As it improves material feeling furthermore, new color 2 color is set to interior color e.g., new you adopt.
    * アルカンターラ : With the high-class artificial leather of suede pitch, as an epidermal material of the high-class furniture * interior and a material of the high-class brand item, Europe the brand of the reliance which has permeated to the center widely. As for trade mark the Toray Industries corporation possession

Furthermore, the " standard package ", new it set the " touring selection * leather package " to the G to S, compared to made charm line-up.

In addition, besides the fact that maneuverability * travelling stability and riding comfort were raised with rigid improvement and the optimization et cetera of suspension tuning with the reinforcement of the body section, it has improved silent characteristic furthermore with the new adoption of the high sound insulation characteristic glass and the optimization et cetera of the damping material * sucking/absorbing sound insulator.

Concerning equipment, besides the fact that the halogen headlight was made the manual leveling functional attaching, automatic recognitive function of the parking compartment line is added to the intelligent parking assist which supports the steering wheel operation at the time of column parking and garage inserting retreat and it works for completeness more e.g., operativity improves.

In addition to this, procrastination circumstance is estimated and after corresponding to the テレマティクスサービス G-BOOK ALPHA of the advancement which possesses the service and the like which guides the optimum route, the HDD navigation system which adopts high fine wide display and the like is set standard equipment or option.

Together, as the improvement which is similar to the based car the well cab (the manufacturer completion special equipment car) concerning is administered, new it set " type I " and " type II " to the private car for friend matic installation and line-up was complete.

Pre- mortar S

< Sale summary >

Store : The Toyota store and the Toyopet store of entire country
    Month 販 target quantity : 3,500 unit
    Shop front concert : November 19th (Saturday), 20 days (day)

< Manufacturer desired retail price > (Hokkaido, only Okinawa price differs. Unit: Circle)
    Grade Drive system Running motion Value case
    (Consumption including tax)
    " Standard package " Toyota
    Hybrid system
    (THSII) 2WD
    (FF) 2,268,000
    S 2,310,000
    " Touring selection " 2,467,500
    G 2,625,000
    " Touring selection " 2,782,500
    " Touring selection *
    Leather package " 3,255,000

< Well cab manufacturer desired retail price > (Hokkaido, only Okinawa price differs. Unit: Circle)
    Base
    Grade Drive system Running motion Value case
    (Consumption including tax)
    Suicide seat rotary sliding seat car
    " A type " S Toyota
    Hybrid system
    (THSII) 2WD
    (FF) 2,404,500
    G 2,688,000
    Suicide seat rotary sliding seat car
    " B type " S 2,360,000
    (As for consumer tax non- taxation)
    G 2,630,000
    Private car for friend matic installation
    " Type I " S 2,352,000
    G 2,635,500
    Private car for friend matic installation
    " Type II " S 2,480,000
    G 2,750,000

* 1 As for recycling fee it is not included in price
    * 2 As for in B type " " " A type " receipt device for manual wheelchair (electromotive system) standard equipment
    * 3 At the time of vehicle purchase, when the designated motion auxiliary equipment is installed only, as for consumer tax non- taxation
    * 4 As for " type II " private driver's seat power seat standard equipment

Above
    Concerning detailed information please view this way.

5. cgraham

cgraham Member

Thanks, Synchmaster.

The translation is quite delightful - post of the year in my book.

It's wrth remembering that some of the changes may only apply to cars made for the Japanese market.

The most interesting:

"In addition, besides the fact that maneuverability * travelling stability and riding comfort were raised with rigid improvement and the optimization et cetera of suspension tuning with the reinforcement of the body section, it has improved silent characteristic furthermore with the new adoption of the high sound insulation characteristic glass and the optimization et cetera of the damping material * sucking/absorbing sound insulator."

Hopefully this refers to mor than the stiffened strut. I guess engineering changes of this type would be on all cars.

Does anyone's car have a sucking sound? I guess mine will after it arrives & I write the check.

C

6. MBranstein

MBranstein New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    You got it! My car will definately have a large sucking sound. Strangely, my car banking account, my Schwab account and my wife's spare checking account will suddenly be empty!

All I want is a car :(

7. DocVijay

DocVijay Active Member

Huh?

I'm not so sure I like the sound of this...

8. cgraham

cgraham Member

You don't want improved material feeling? :p

C

9. MBranstein

MBranstein New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    It almost sounds like the software can recognise you when you sit in the car. It will make adjustments for you?

10. Tideland Prius

Tideland Prius Moderator of the North
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    I'll try to fix it up:

TOYOTA, Prius minor change

Toyota has made minor changes to the Prius and it will be on sale on November 1st through the Toyota store and the Toyopet store throughout the entire country.

With the latest change, it has a more advanced style with the modifications on the grille, front headlight, and the rear combination lamp, and it has four new exterior colours. Furthermore, a "HYBRID " emblem is added to the front fender, and the size of the "HYBRID SYNERGY DRIVE " emblem the rear has been enlarged.
    As for the interior, the atmosphere has been made more comfortable with the addition of the seat, combination meter in the instrument panel and the door trim, outfitted with this leather (?) (editor's note: Perhaps it's talking about the new dash material?) as it improves the feel of the interior. 2 new colours are available for the interior

* アルカンターラ : With the high-class artificial leather of suede pitch, as an epidermal material of the high-class furniture * interior and a material of the high-class brand item, Europe the brand of the reliance which has permeated to the center widely. As for trade mark the Toray Industries corporation possession (?)

In addition to the "standard package ", there is a new "Touring Selection with leather package" that's available on the G and S model that'll make the Prius even more appealing.

Besides the fact that maneuverability, stability and ride comfort were raised with improvement in rigidity with the optimization suspension tuning and the reinforcement of the body, it also has improved sound deadening qualities with the adoption of the acoustic glass and the optimization of damping material.

With regards to equipment, the halogen headlight now have a manual levelling function, an automatic recognitive function of lines is added to the intelligent parking assist which supports the steering wheel operation at the time of column parking and reverse parking into a garage and it works for completeness i.e. operativity improves.

[In addition to this, procrastination circumstance is estimated and after corresponding to the テレマティクスサービス G-BOOK ALPHA of the advancement which possesses the service and the like which guides the optimum route, the HDD navigation system which adopts high fine wide display and the like is set standard equipment or option.] Basically, G-BOOK has been updated to give the optimum route to your destination and the navigation system uses HDD instead of DVD disc.

[Together, as the improvement which is similar to the based car the well cab (the manufacturer completion special equipment car) concerning is administered, new it set " type I " and " type II " to the private car for friend matic installation and line-up was complete.] Basically, the car is even more wheelchair and disable people friendly with its welcab option.

11. prius2006rocks

prius2006rocks New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Now I am really wanting Toyota to update the US site or atleast the My 2006 Press Release site... Now I am curious as to what the 2006 will have in store (sound reduction in glass like Japan?, etc..) Anyways, lets hope they update soon especially for pricing!!!

12. John in Portland

John in Portland New Member

For those of you who are interested in seeing dealer inventory of the Prius in your local area and asking prices, see the following link on the NADA website:

http://www2.nada.org/find-inventory.cgi

Enter your zip code and how far you are willing to travel, and it will list all dealer vehicles up to 200 miles away (including used if that's what you want). I found that some of the links to dealers in my local area were broken, but with a little hunting you can overcome that.

The one drawback is that there is no indication on this site of what the option packages are - judging by the prices I saw charged in Oregon/Washington, dealers are either heavily marking up these vehicles or else they only carry the 2005 package #6. (Of course, prices indicated are merely a starting point for negotiation - good luck!).

I expect that this website will also show the new 2006 inventory when they finally start to roll out.

13. cgraham

cgraham Member

Thanks, great! I wondered how to do that.

Now if we could just get the dealer allocations, or what's on the dock in Japan! :lol:

C

14. DeborahinSeattle

DeborahinSeattle New Member

Hi Everyone, First I want to thank you for being so tireless in your pursuit of informaiton about this truly myterius and sought after car. I guess I'm just another obsessed potential buyer waiting with baited breath for the REAL information on when the 2006s will start arriving, what they will cost, and what the packages will be (including color changes tha can be seen by my human eye).

I hope the following request is o.k. to post here. If not, I assume it'll get moved.

So, I live in Seattle and am on two waitlists for a 2006. One is Toyota of Seattle which is downtown, the other is a dealership in Burien. I've given the dealers a range of options I want (First choice is the Red -- I think -- in package #3). Both are large dealers. One says it's not really an order, the other says it is. Both act CLUELESS about all that we are dying to know.

My question: Anyone have any experiences to share regarding Seattle/Western Washington dealers? Anyone know anything about packages and allocations here? Advice on how to ensure I get my 2006 sooner rather than later (after 01/01/06, of course)? I just got on the Burien list this week and have been on the other for about 3 weeks.

Thanks, Deborah

My question:

15. Jack 06

Jack 06 New Member

Winters, CA: Prius capital of US. 30 miles W of S
    I tried the search, and it shows 16 Priuses "available" (beware!) within 75 mi. of me. But they're all at only four dealers, one of which supposedly has six.

I'd think there'd be more dealers with at least one or two.

The cheapest of them is shown at $22,801. Several under $25K.

16. jceh1

jceh1 Junior Member

Does anyone know if the 2006 colors are available for viewing on any other vehicles now?

Thanks.

17. thecan

thecan New Member

yeah I posted a whole list on page 10

18. Rancid13

Rancid13 Cool Chick with a Black Prius

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Yeah, it's like it's not getting everything. Like when I did a search for Prii within a 100 mile radius of my location, I noticed that Carson Toyota's inventory didn't show up. According to their website, they have an inventory of 17 Prii right now:

Carson's Prii

19. Kiloran

Kiloran New Member

Also, some dealers have a policy to not list their inventory online at all.

20. DieselConvert

DieselConvert Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    My local dealer has 2 that don't show up on the site for which John provided a link: a White with BC package and a Silver (on a fenced storage lot, can't read sticker)
    that they say was ordered but rejected by a cranky customer (yeah, right!) MSRP, and they say its a bargain, because the 2006's won't be eligible for the $2000 tax advantage. (Really?)

It seems to me that they are buying unsold stock (or are being forced to accept it) in anticipation of 2006 stock very soon, making 2005's harder to peddle.