1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

2006 Prius Option Codes, Package Contents and Color Combos

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by amped, Aug 14, 2005.

1. syncmaster

syncmaster Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    I talked to a toyota dealer on long island, NY and he said in january 06 they will only get packages #3,#5, & #7 .
    He also said that he might get other packages in february but he dosen't have any info on that.

2. minime

minime New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    Anybody know which '06 packages are going to be available in Colorado?

3. acousticbiker

acousticbiker New Member

Stevinson West tells me all packages except 1, 2 and 5 will be available through them.

4. shellfish

shellfish Junior Member

Okay, my turn:
    Does anybody know what packages will be available in the "Chicago Region" (IL, IN, MN, WI)?

How about in the "Kansas City Region" (IA, KS, MO, ND, NE, SD)?

Appreciate any and all info!

Shelly

5. glory

glory New Member

Sticker price for 2006 Package 8 is $29,381, my dealer told me today at Hollywood Toyota in CA.

6. 3c3

3c3 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    $21725 base + $580 destination + $6890 pkg8 + $186 mats = $29381

My salesman called me today to confirm the price/option and asked me if I wanted the floor mats for $186. I'm not paying that much for floor mats, especially that I prefer not to have the carpeted ones.

7. conniesewer

conniesewer New Member

Does anyone know what 2006 packages will be available in Washington State? I'm getting conflicting information from local dealers.

Thanks!
    Constance

8. windstrings

windstrings Certified Prius Breeder

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV

most of the dealers are really confused right now... most don't even know the prices yet.. let alone what packages...

9. cowboy

cowboy New Member

Yep, that's the same price I got today when I placed my order in Arizona.

10. amped

amped Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    According to my dealer, the following packages are confirmed for Portland Region (includes WA) November arrivals:

FE 7%, GY 13%, HG 40%, HI 10%, NL 10%, NW 20%.

Colors are: White 10%, Black 9%, Barcelona Red 16%, Driftwood 12%, Seaside 20%, Silver Pine 14% and Classic Silver 20%.

He showed me the ship manifest (and my 2006 VIN) for confirmation.

The Portland Region is receiving 544 2006 Prii this month to be spread among 70 dealers in five states.

11. MBranstein

MBranstein New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    The dealers (Inventory Managers) do know the prices, but htey have done a very poor job of communicating these updates and prices to their sales force.

Think about it from the Inventory Manager POV - if a customer come sin and says I'm interested in a Prius, but knows nothing about it, why would they hype the 2006 when
    1. they haven't seen one yet
    2. they have no brochures
    3. all they have is pricing and packages
    4. it's more expensive than the 2005
    5. it takes an absorbant amount of time to teach a typical sales person about the Prius (a.k.a. by the time they know the car they will have quit or moved to a different dealer - the turnover rate of sales people is incredibly high)

We will continue to see a clueless sales force until brochures arrive in their hands. I expect brochures to arrive at the same time as the first 2006's - within the next three weeks.

12. windstrings

windstrings Certified Prius Breeder

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    Yea.. either that, or they are also playing dumb.... If you call Ron Tonkin in Portland Or and ask for the "sales manager" as of two days ago he thought the highest package on the 06 Prius was #6... I said.. no thats 05... then the began to tell me prices about the 05 claiming it was for the 06, then he finally admitted or claimed he didn't know.
    So I guess the term "clueless" implies they are stupid.. I didn't mean it that way... even though "I feel" that way when I have learned so much on my own that they don't know... They really are left in the dark!.. Its pretty sad if the only way they are communicating with toyota is by the flyers they get... esp the managers!
    They should be able to have some inside info.... even though they can't act on it... but rather its prob withheld so they don't imped the sales of their 05... like thats a problem!!!! :lol:

13. bookrats

bookrats New Member

I believe that's what my partner was told as well, when she ordered her 2006 HG (#4) option in Seattle.

However, it's all coming through the dealers at the moment. To really find out what package is available for what region, we have to wait for Toyota to update their main Prius website for the 2006. You can then use the "build your Prius" web pages to figure out what models are available for your region (based on ZIP code).

14. Jack 06

Jack 06 New Member

Winters, CA: Prius capital of US. 30 miles W of S
    The info I got yesterday re NorCal/SF packages was from a "Region guy".

15. Rancid13

Rancid13 Cool Chick with a Black Prius

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    SoCal folks...I just found out last night which packages are going to be available in our area. Here is a portion of the email I received when we emailed him about the available packages (because I originally heard #7 was not going to be available in our region and was worried):

I was just informed that the LA Metro Region is ordering Package 1, 3, 7 & 8 on the Prius.

We got the info from my husband's client at Longo Toyota...

16. newmr2

newmr2 New Member

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius

I am a Manager at a Toyota dealership

17. newmr2

newmr2 New Member

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Also, Vermont is not my Region.

We should be getting our allocation in the next 3-6 days, and then we will have
    real prices.

Dont blame the Dealerships. We do not have the prices yet.
    We have Package prices.
    When we get our printed allocation, we will have our real price.

18. bookrats

bookrats New Member

Thanks for the info -- it's appreciated.

My suspicion is that the Toyota website's Prius page will be updated fairly soon. Then we'll have almost all the info we're wondering about (including what models for what region).

Don't know when this will happen, though. (Yet another poll/office pool opportunity. :rolleyes: )

19. newmr2

newmr2 New Member

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Like March Madness = Auto Madness.

20. lsa55

lsa55 New Member

Same figures I got from my dealer last Wednesday. Including the $186 floor mats. What's up with that? I assume I can get them for less at GI Joe's or Sears.