1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

2006 Prius Option Codes, Package Contents and Color Combos

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by amped, Aug 14, 2005.

1. Jack 06

Jack 06 New Member

Winters, CA: Prius capital of US. 30 miles W of S
    The trunk mat is cut exactly to fit. Plus, you can't buy mats with those little leaf-cars on them. B)

2. Rancid13

Rancid13 Cool Chick with a Black Prius

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    I think those little leaf-cars are cute! :D

3. Jack 06

Jack 06 New Member

I do, too. I wonder why Toyota hasn't done more with it in marketing---perhaps afraid of getting into some ugly public dispute with Honda---but Honda is promoting ITself as Japan's greenest car company, so maybe not.

I'd like to see it on the outside of the car somewhere. And on a T-shirt.

rant: WAHHHHHHH! I want a Prius(Chat) shirt! WAHHHHHH!

rant mode *off*

4. airpolgas

airpolgas New Member

On this site's 2006 Prius Info section, it mentioned the Backup Camera as an add-on, which I know to be true. However, while looking through the package list, I never see the word "camera" again. There was mention of Backup Monitor, which looks like a $175 upgrade from the basic #1 package, along with the smart key system.

Will the Prius get a backup monitor (sonic) AND a backup camera (visual) for the 2006 model? Or does the page needs to be edited somehow?

Thanks.

5. ckbarnard

ckbarnard New Member

I can confirm that from my discussion with the fleet manager in Bakersfield yesterday.

ckb

6. Jack 06

Jack 06 New Member

They're the same thing. Bad choice of words. Camera---->MFD monitor.

7. davis2005

davis2005 New Member

Date Ordered: August 28, 2005
    Dealer Ordered From (Incl. City/State): Orland Park, IL
    Timeframe given for delivery: 3 months
    Color: Black
    Option Package: 8
    Your # on Dealer's Waiting List: 6

I just received a call from my dealer today and was told that my car would port the end of this month and I should receive it by the end of December.

The total price for the car with package 8 or fully loaded is $29, 381.00.

8. jhf48

jhf48 New Member

Dealer told me today that leather option will not be available at all in any car anywhere in USA for the next 3 months. I am looking to get one sent to NJ. Any ideas? I placed order for 2006 Prius in august 2005 so I am first on dealer list. Dealer said that I may lose place on wait list if I do not take cloth seats.

9. Paradox

Paradox Prius Enthusiast / Moderator
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five
    If you read around here a bit you would see that is VERY untrue. There are pics up all over here of people in California that have leather right now.

NJ and NY are not getting leather right now but PA is. Goto the prius website, select build your own, enter your zip and see if pkg 8 is available there. If not try zips for areas you are willing to goto and see if 8 is available there.

I had an order in since July with leather but leather isnt coming to NYC. They wont swap with PA and PA wont swap with NY so I have to settle for fabric as well. I 'could' get leather in PA if I wanted to wait till April/May and its jsut not worth it. You could also get fabric and do aftermarket leather, about the same $1200...

10. windstrings

windstrings Certified Prius Breeder

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    What?... you should not loose your place in line for a prius with "leather"!...

He just wants to turn over his cars so he can make his profit and get more in his allotment... he is not out to satisfy your needs.... beware of him and use someone else if possible.
    Any money you may have given should be totally refundable since he cannot produce what you ordered.
    If he wants to play hardball... go get the bat!

jhf48, I see this is your first post... Welcome!.. there are plenty of folks out here that know thier stuff and will be more than happy to help you watch your back.

If you can go to your profile and place your location, it will be easier for folks to help you.

11. deman1134

deman1134 New Member

Thanks for the '06 info. I ordered an '05 in the beggining of August, Seaside Pearl with option pkg 4 i believe, the $2,075 one. I can't wait until i get it but i think im going to be waiting a while. Is the seaside pearl hard to find color or what. And will i probably get an '06?

Attached Files:

12. deman1134

deman1134 New Member

[attachmentid=1390]Thanks for the '06 info. I ordered an '05 in the beggining of August, Seaside Pearl with option pkg 4 i believe, the $2,075 one. I can't wait until i get it but i think im going to be waiting a while. Is the seaside pearl hard to find color or what. And will i probably get an '06?

Attached Files:

13. keydiver

keydiver New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    My dealer has a Seaside Pearl with package #4 coming in next week. I may have to consider it, as they have NO Classic Silver Metallic cars coming in anytime soon! :angry: I thought silver was the most popular/available color?

14. SirGreen

SirGreen New Member

Not according the the listing in the original post of this Subject. It clearly says "Natural Leather Seating Material."
    [snapback]116957[/snapback]​
    [/b][/quote]
    Hi I just got my Prius Feb 4 2006 and I got the Dark leather.
    It smells like leather and I am tall too so it lets me slide in and out easy.
    I would have loved the power seats.

15. hycamguy07

hycamguy07 New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Sure it is. It's just not "vegan." And vegan is NOT synonymous with "green." <_<

The 2006 Prius...it's not just for vegans anymore! :D

Thank god for that, I saw the vegan caddilac since it did not contain any animal by products that drove the cost up dbl the normal price..
    I would hope all vehicle manufacturers would do the same..

16. cwerdna

cwerdna Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(airpolgas @ Nov 18 2005, 11:15 AM) [snapback]157624[/snapback]</div>
    Where did the info section and page go? The link to http://priuschat.com/2006_toyota_prius.html now it doesn't work anymore and leads me to the front page. I wanted to send a friend of mine the pricing and package details.

17. meshell

meshell New Member

i am 5'2" and i have no problem seeing out the back windows of my car. (the back up camera is helpful, but i can't get used to using it yet). i do wish the seats had lumbar support adjustment though...

18. ekpolk

ekpolk What could possibly...

Vehicle:
    2018 Prius
    Model:
    Two Eco
    Someone please help -- I'm getting confused now. My Prius is a 2004 model, originally delivered in August, 2004. I bought it last Saturday, still in great shape. During my lengthy discussions with the dealer folks, I'm sure I heard someone say something about "Package 9". The car does have absolutely everything, except leather seats, which is exactly the way I'd order one if I could. It has Nav, JBL 6 disc, HIDs, Smart Key, all the steering wheel controls, all airbags, homelink autodim mirror, VSC, fog lights, Bluetooth, and I think that's it.

When I joined here a few days ago, I listed Package 9 in my profile, as I remembered that, and it was an available choice. Now I see that, at least for the present MY, there isn't a "Package 9" at all, and my car seems most like the current "Package 7" configuration (loaded minus leather).

Is there actually such a thing as a "Package 9" car? If not, can anyone tell me what mine is, or perhaps where I can go to find out (arcane VIN decoder, for example).

It's not that it really matters much, I'm still going to keep lovin' this car, but to borrow the quasi-immortal words of the failed, but lucky, bank robber from Dirty Harry, "I -- I gots ta know. . .:

TIA.

19. william_apple

william_apple New Member

Thanks for the info! :)

20. IsrAmeriPrius

IsrAmeriPrius Progressive Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(ekpolk @ Aug 3 2006, 07:14 PM) [snapback]297454[/snapback]</div>
    There were nine option packages for the 2004 model, six for the 2005 model and eight in 2006. Package 9 in 04 is virtually identical to package 6 in 05.