1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

2006 prius order placed!

Discussion in 'Order Tracking' started by coolfire74, Nov 14, 2005.

1. coolfire74

coolfire74 New Member

guys, I finally put my 2006 prius order last Friday, with package #5 or #7, depends on which package is avaliable first. The price will be MSRP(base price)+Package+540 (Delivery). No one cent more, no one cent less. Also, I put $100 for deposit, but it is refundable if I decide not take the car or get the car from other dealer. I am not very sure if it is a good deal, since people usually get couple of thousands dollar lower than MSRP if purchase camry or other models. So, I am wondering if anyone got price lower than MSRP before? I am in Boston, BTW.

Another question, do you guys know anything about the TAX credit of this 2006 prius? Should I ask the dealer to deliver the car after January?

Thanks a lot! :D

2. Jack 06

Jack 06 New Member

Winters, CA: Prius capital of US. 30 miles W of S
    No one is buying the Prius much under MSRP; many dealers are trying to charge a premium above MSRP up to $5000. MSRP is good.

Delivery: not "after January"---just any time Jan. 1 or after.

The tax credit is somewhat complicated, depending on your income and what Federal taxes you'll owe for 2006 income---in 2007, when you file 2006 taxes. There are a few threads here with info---look for "2006 tax credit".

3. moonbeam

moonbeam New Member

I'm in Seattle. The dealer wanted MSRP + $3000. They said that this was "the going rate". Not having done the proper reasearch. I believed them, put down $500, and put in an order (#8 z1 ef). Later that day, I called 6 other dealers and found them all offering the car a straight MSRP. This was friday. I went back on saturday, and they said, come back on monday. They left we a voice message saying their price was firm and I could cancel the order come in and get my $500 back. I really wanted to order from this dealer, since they are within walking distance from work. I went back on monday and explained to them that I can get the car at MSRP at six other dealers. I insisted, saying "I can buy a car at MSRP at these other dealers, but *I want to buy a car here*". They backed down.

William

4. efusco

efusco Moderator Emeritus
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Moved to Order Tracking. Please, everyone, try to put these posts where they belong.