1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

2006 Prius Pics and Details

Discussion in 'Prius, Hybrid, EV and Alt-Fuel News' started by lee, Oct 20, 2005.

1. lee

lee New Member

This is my first post, so apologies if this has already been posted, but I did several searches and didn't come up with it. I'm particularly interested in this subject because I'm taking delivery in early January of an '06.

Anyway, here's the article:

http://www.autospectator.com/modules/wfsec...hp?articleid=80

2. Jack 06

Jack 06 New Member

Winters, CA: Prius capital of US. 30 miles W of S
    Welcome, lee.

I, too, ran across that one a couple of weeks ago---found it through a search engine. There may be a link to it in these posts, too.

Where are you buying yours?

3. Jack 06

Jack 06 New Member

Winters, CA: Prius capital of US. 30 miles W of S
    Oops, just noticed your "Rochester, NY". I'm originally from Utica, and went to college at Syracuse and taught high school there before moving west.

I'll bet U.S. 20 is pretty to drive on about now. The only time of year I miss upstate NY.

4. lee

lee New Member

Thanks.

I'm buying mine from LeBrun Toyota in Canandaigua, NY. They had the shortest waiting list of the dealers that I contacted. My goal was to take delivery in early '06 for the better tax breaks, though it's possible that Toyota will raise their prices enough to nullify that advantage.

The Prius will replace a '99 Mercedes ML320. I'm tired of paying high gas prices (premium only) and getting low gas mileage in town, where 90% of my driving is done. Also, parts and repairs are absurdly priced by the dealer and there's only one in this area. For example, they wanted $1100 to replace the rear shocks. I bought the identical OEM shocks and springs online for less than $130/pair delivered and found a garage that would install them for $350. (I'm actually a do-it-yourselfer, but I couldn't get all the fasteners off for that particular job.)