1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

2006 Prius SRS Light: Removed Front Seats to Clean Carpet

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by ydpplqbd, Oct 14, 2019.

1. ydpplqbd

ydpplqbd Active Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    Hi all:

A couple of months ago I purchased a filthy, dirty Gen2 Prius with dead HV and 12V batteries. In order to shampoo the carpet (including the area undeneath the seats) I removed both front seats from the car. The seats were removed after both batteries were replaced (and working properly). At that time the seats were removed, I had no SRS light staying lit on the dash.

In the meantime, I have also replaced the Coolant Flow Control Valve Position Sensor, bled the system of air, and resolved various minor issues (such as R&R driver door check). However, a couple weeks ago I reinstalled both front seats into the car. Both seats have three harness connectors that were reconnected to the seats when reinstalled. Now, I have the SRS light on constantly.

How do I turn out the SRS light (without going to the dealer for this service)?

Will the Techstream software help me to accomplish this task?

2. ChapmanF

ChapmanF Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    You have a Gen 2, which I'm not sure about, but if you had a Gen 3 and took the passenger seat out, you'd have to recalibrate the Occupant Classification System after putting it back in, using a procedure in the manual, Techstream, and I think some specified weights on the seat.

As I said, I don't know how that worked in Gen 2, but the manual should cover it.

ydpplqbd likes this.