1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

2006 Prius w/factory Sirius satellite radio, but SiriusXM does not work?

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by uclabruins, Nov 19, 2011.

1. uclabruins

uclabruins Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    After seeing several "Free 2 weeks" emails, I tried to listen to my 2006 Sirius radio, but my 2006 Prius says the radio is deactivated. I searched the threads, but didn't see any topic on this.

I was wondering if the factory 2006 Sirius radio is not compatible with the SiriusXM satellite radio. Anyone have the same problem?

I called SiriusXM and after giving my VIN number, they said my radio can't be activated. What a bummer since I can't listened to the free two weeks or renew my satellite radio if I choose.

Anyone have a fix?

2. ursle

ursle Gas miser

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    I put a coastal sat receiver
    Navigation Lockpicks and Prius Accessories
    In my '06 and it plugged into a factory port, and if the dealer had installed it, it would've had a moniker of factory.
    So, your vin failed but if you locate the unit and get it's serial number you may have better luck.
    It's to big to be in the dash, I put mine in the left rear fender well and ran the wire up to the head unit in the dash, you might have to work backwards to find it, follow the wire.
    Or just because the car has a mode for satellite radio that doesn't mean the unit is installed, I didn't know they came from the factory(not aftermarket) before "07.