1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

2006 Prius weird noise?

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by Marjorie, Aug 7, 2020.

1. Marjorie

Marjorie New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    ----USA----
    Hey everyone! I've been watching these forums since I got my Prius in 2018 and I finally need to ask advice because I am so confused. Yesterday I got caught on a flooded road and had to sit for a few minutes in water. Ever since then my car has been making this weird noise almost like there's an airplane flying over me when I drive. It stopped for hours and suddenly restarted after having to take the interstate to work. Any advice would be super appreciative.

Thank you!

2. edthefox5

edthefox5 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Oh that's not good.

Open the hatch take the hatch storage plate the plastic bin out and look real close in there for water. Get a flashlight and look down in the hole on the right side that the 12 volt battery is sitting in Look for standing water in that hole.That will tell how much water it saw.

Open the hood up check the oil.

make an iphone video of the noise when driving. Do not talk when recording as we will turn up the volume and dont want to hear your voice come on super loud with our headphones on.

Btw are you aware of how bad it is for the car not to drive it during these Covid times?

#2 edthefox5, Aug 7, 2020
    Last edited: Aug 7, 2020
  3. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    how high was the water?