1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

2006 Prius will not Start

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Technical Discussion' started by zakkotun, Sep 30, 2018.

Tags:
  1. zakkotun

zakkotun Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    My 2005 Prius will not crank.
    No light on the dashboard, no display, no radio and when I press the start button the check engine flashes twice. I saw on youtube where someone recommends replacing the motherboard on the instrument cluster, so I swap the complete dashboard with my 2004 Prius. It didn't solve the problem.
    I have replaced the 12V battery with a new one from the dealer @ 12.68V
    I can not get any code because for lack of power
    I have checked the fuses and relays

Somebody, please help. Thank You

2. brdmb

brdmb Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    ----USA----
    Did you try putting the key fob into the key slot? I just recently found the battery went dead on my remote key fob and was flashing a yellow car symbol with a key on it (saying that it couldn't find a key in the car) when I tried to start. Stuck the fob in the slot, and it started right up.

Posted via the PriusChat mobile app.

3. TMR-JWAP

TMR-JWAP Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    Touring
    Although it's difficult to troubleshoot long distance, the first thing I would do is check to see if you have 12.x volts at the jump terminal at the engine compartment fuse box. The heavy cable from the 12v battery (+) post connects there. That is the distribution point for all 12v.

4. Al Bundy

Al Bundy Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    the orange safety plug is also a fuse.. might want to check it or swap it with your other car..
    was the car operating normally before this?
    parked outside? might have a rodent eating your wires always good to clean the ground from the 12 volt battery to the body
    good luck

5. Al Bundy

Al Bundy Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    might want to read through this post, seems to be a similar problem
    Prius won't start and check engine light appears | PriusChat

bisco likes this.
  6. JC91006

JC91006 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    II
    What's the history on this car? Did it suddenly start doing what you're describing?

Raytheeagle likes this.
  7. zakkotun

zakkotun Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    History: Milage 145,000 I owned the car for 3 years. Reconditioned the Hybrid Battery 1 year ago. Did it myself and balanced it.
    The vehicle was running well with no code before this. What's Done: I checked the 12-volt battery in the back with backlash open 12.80.
    it's a new one from Toyota dealer, checked the front positive with the ground to the body 12.80 but steady at 12.79. I checked all fuses and they are OK.
    I just found the Problem, talking Fuse, the Glass Fuse DC/DC 100A is broken. I am happy I went back and found it.
    Can somebody tell me how to Fix it? Regards.