1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

2006 Prius won't fully turn

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by castironandbutter, Mar 7, 2018.

1. castironandbutter

castironandbutter Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    II
    My pal said her 2006 Prius won't fully turn, like steering wheel turn, not turn on. Has anyone heard of this before? I asked for more details and am waiting to hear back but thought I'd put it out there in case it was a familiar issue.

2. Lucifer

Lucifer Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Plug-in Advanced
    I had to replace my 06 steering wrack because it was coming apart,I'd suggest it be looked at by an alignment shop, mine was the connections at the steering box, they were worn and failing, cars have bump stops to keep the wheels from turning to far and hitting the fenders, but they don't move, they can be reduced in size a bit, make for a smaller turning circle, not really an issue here, unless some debris is hanging up the wheel from turning, time for an inspection.

3. castironandbutter

castironandbutter Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    II
    oh geez, she just explained that she meant it won't turn on and lights are blinking. oops. but thanks for the support.

Prodigyplace likes this.
  4. SFO

SFO Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Can she describe which of the lights are on and or are blinking?

Raytheeagle likes this.