1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

2006 Prius won't turn off

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Technical Discussion' started by PGBeach, Jan 31, 2018.

1. PGBeach

PGBeach New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    Base
    I couldn't turn off my 2006 Prius. I called mechanic and he said to hold down the power button for a few seconds. That worked. At the same time that I couldn't tun the car off, I couldn't see anything on the dash. Today I took the car in for diagnostic and was told that there is a Technical Bulletin about that issue in my model. The fix is to replace the entire "head", a $742 fix. I wondered how long I could use the "fix" of holding down the power button if I have the problem again. Does anyone have experience with this?

2. PGBeach

PGBeach New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    Base
    A follow-up question: is it possible to get this part used or refurbished?

3. SFO

SFO Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Sounds like the Combo meter.

Refurbished is available, and Matt ( Texas Prius Battery Replacement ) can take care of you.

Otherwise someone has been posting on CL lately, a mobile service will come and remove, fix and reinstall for $200. But I doubt the rebuild quality would be that same as THB's, but the warranty might be (if they answer your call).

padroo, PGBeach and Raytheeagle like this.
  4. greasemonkey007

greasemonkey007 Active Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    If you'll disconnect the negative cable of the 12V for a bit and reconnect it, the combo meter may briefly power up again so you can record the mileage. Then record the VIN and definitely call Matt at Texas Hybrid Batteries! You won't find a better guy to do business with. He keeps me supplied with all the ones I change!
    (817) 629-8394

Raytheeagle, padroo and SFO like this.