1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

2006 PriusFront Air bags deployed

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by Honybears, Jan 28, 2011.

1. jelloslug

jelloslug It buffed right out!

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    You really need to get a real Toyota service manual if you are going to do this kind of repair.

1 person likes this.
  2. Honybears

Honybears Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Ok, so the car went together very well and I drove it for the first time today and then!!! I was driving for about an hour and I started to loose power and the car started to shudder as if the brakes were locking up, the vsc lite came on and the yellow brake also. Finally the triangle. It felt as if one had different sized tires on a 4 x 4, that type of shudder. I had it towed back to the garage and the codes : C 1259 and C 1310 were there. Can anyone help. Thanks!

3. seilerts

seilerts Battery Curmudgeon

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    C1259 and C1310 are basically hybrid control codes, that come up when regen braking is inhibited. There were no P codes, and your 12V battery is good, and your inverter cooling system is working properly???

1 person likes this.
  4. Honybears

Honybears Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    No " P " codes, the 12v is brand new and don't know about the cooling system. I do know the car has to have the hybrid water pump replaced as per the recall. The car goes to ready however the ICE doesnt start and after putting the car in reverse it sometimes won't engage, it will engage in drive still with the shuddering and then goes to neutral.

5. seilerts

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Okay, try this:

Disconnect the battery negative for 5 minutes. This will reset everything and erase codes, but probably not the ABS codes. Ignore those for now. Just before reconnecting, check the voltage. Do you have more than 12.3V? Ideally you would have 12.5V or more.

Power up the car, but don't try moving it yet. Does ICE come on? How many bars SoC do you have? Do you see turbulence in the inverter coolant reservoir?

If you have a triangle, you should have a P code. What scanner are you using?

1 person likes this.
  6. Honybears

Honybears Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Well, don't I feel like a moron. Put the car back on the lift to check the trans fluid and it was low. We found a hairline crack in the case so I went to drain it to repair the crack and it was BONE DRY. So now I'm hunting down a transaxle. In my haste to be a little kid and get my new toy on the road I neglected rule #1 of machinery to CHECK ALL FLUIDS! I'll be back when it's done. Thanks.

7. seilerts

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
  8. Hal W

Hal W New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Thats unlucky,bummer!!! Hal

9. Honybears

Honybears Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Bought the new / used transaxle from a great parts supplier in NJ, Leesville Auto in Lesville, NJ. These guys are great and will deliver, they supplied most of the parts for the project at a very fair price. Contact Billy there if you need anything.
    The transaxle went in very easily, total time was about 5 hours and she is running great, today's MPG was 52.3, however accurate that is I'm happy.
    This being my first venture into the Prius, I gained a tremendous amount of knowledge and resource from this forum. The members pointed me in the right direction and I want to thank each and every one of you. If I can ever help anyone, please contact me.
    Thanks,
    John

10. jelloslug

jelloslug It buffed right out!

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Good to hear you got it fixed. On our salvage Prius I found out after my first week of test driving that there was a bad axle. I swapped it out and it's been good ever since.

1 person likes this.