1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

2006 Pruis has had its last days-Parts anyone

Discussion in 'Newbie Forum' started by otdrlvr, Aug 22, 2021.

1. otdrlvr

otdrlvr New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Our Families 2006 Prius has had its final drive.
    We tried to fix it up, exhaust messed up at the engine block. (versed but not fully, be kind please)
    For sentimental reasons I have been keeping it going. It was my Fathers beloved vehicle before I took it over.
    Originally I wanted to hand it down to my Niece/God Daughter. Just not safe enough for a new driver to deal with.
    So now, I hope to recirculate its parts to help give life to someone else's Prius.
    The proceeds will go to my Nieces car fund. My Niece having a care will help free up some time & anx for my Sister/ Brother in law. They are both teachers with very different school schedules than my Nieces now has in her senior year of high school.
    Anyone need anything, anyone know anyone in New Jersey that handles this kind of transactions.

2. PriusCamper

PriusCamper Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Any chance the exhaust failure is just an easy to replace flange gasket due to clogged catalytic converter? Because a replacement cat is only $150 and the old cat is worth $1500 to a precious metal scrapper, which could cover cost of car repairs.

As in scrapping cars for parts isn't very DIY friendly. You need to be in that line of work to do it successfully and fixing the car up and selling will be way easier and more profitable.