1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

2006 Replaced AC Blower - still not working

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by dpeverhart, May 9, 2017.

1. dpeverhart

dpeverhart Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    I
    AC Blower was not working so I went ahead and replaced the blower, assuming that was the issue since it is fairly common, but that did not fix it. I checked any fuses under the hood and under drivers side dash marked ac, heat, blower, etc. all were good.

I found a troubleshooting guide with a flowchart for the blower motor.

My question is where is the location of the AC Amplifier and the Blower Motor Controller?

2. Patrick Wong

Patrick Wong DIY Enthusiast

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    The blower motor controller is the unit that failed on my 2004. Like you, I first changed the fan motor without result. It is located in the fan ducting downstream from the fan housing and wires lead from the controller to the blower motor. Look for a used unit on eBay if you want to save some $$ compared to a new unit price.

The air conditioner amplifier is mounted on the center floor, below the radio. Remove the "instrument panel finish panel lower center" for access.

3. dpeverhart

dpeverhart Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    I
    Thanks Patrick, much appreciated. I'm going to swap parts in from another Prius to see which, if either, is faulty.