1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

2006 Toyota Prius Changes - Possible

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by Danny, Jun 6, 2005.

1. momsum

momsum New Member

Question? Are the seats in the Prius the super, easy to clean kind? I've read several complaints about them being dirt magnets.

2. Danny

Danny Admin/Founder
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    Thanks, Craig, I appreciate it.

3. vande23

vande23 New Member

Between the $300 price increase in August, the 2006'sa supposedly being constructed in China and now a price increase for the 06's as well with very few improvements and the rampant rumors about VSC going away potentially - I am SO VERY happy that I just got one for delivery next weekend. Is this the last/best month to possibly buy a Prius for all things considered? Who cares about the radio, I know most people that are audio people always change out speakers and stereo as well after they own a car for a while...

4. Tideland Prius

Tideland Prius Moderator of the North
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Hmm, Flint Mica looks green when it's really a nice flaky grey. Black Cherry looks too red, Cactus Mica looks too watered down (it's really a bright green/turquoise mix) and Spectra Blue Mica isn't dark enough. In short, some of the colours are misrepresented. I suppose those are the colours that are the hardest to define on computer?

5. unique2006

unique2006 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Email i got from my toyota contact...so no china build!

"An update for Japan-built vehicles (the Prius is built in Japan) will be sent after the factory provides us with the serial number"

6. hockeybrat

hockeybrat Member

Are the color changes confirmed? If so, I am going to be bummed. I won't be ready until next year and I wanted the Tideland Pearl.

7. Tideland Prius

Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    They seem to be confirmed. See if you can get a dealer to reserve an 05 Tideland.

8. #1prius

#1prius New Member

Cedaredge, Colorado/ Cabo San Lucas, B.C.S. MX
    I have a 2005 Prius and It's A tideland. But I had to special order it. What a pain...

9. Tideland Prius

Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Really? wow.

But think about it, you'll be unique when this colour goes out :p hehe

10. Fredatgolf

Fredatgolf New Member

If you wanted Tideland Pearl, I would do anything to get one before the change. After all, this is an historic color. (Color is the US way of spelling colour, which is apparently the Canadian way.) If you have read the threads on Prius 2-G, there have been at least 40 posts from those (like myself) who were totally stunned when the car arrived. Now if you like gunmetal grey, there is nothing wrong with the color/colour. But if you expected from the published materials a color/colour that had some green in it, it can get to you. I believe this faux pas makes this color/colour unique in automotive history. Never before has there been a car that nobody could see the actual color/colour of before getting it. I would surely get one, take pictures of it and let it become the family giggle for years to come. We turned ours down, but hail to all those who love the color/colour.

Tideland Prius, I hope you appreciate all the trouble I went to to make you feel American and not just Canadian. :wink: I have a lot of good feelings for the folks up there. Canada is such a great place! they decided to inhabit part of it. :)

11. Tideland Prius

Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    lol. I'm okay with color. It's other formal spelling errors that will annoy me (like definitely. It's "i not "a"!!!!)

12. DaveinOlyWA

DaveinOlyWA 3rd Time was Solariffic!!

Vehicle:
    2013 Nissan LEAF
    Model:
    Persona
    was tidelands a classic color?

13. Tideland Prius

Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    It's this gen's colour.

I don't recall any of the colours carrying over except Alpine White

14. DaveinOlyWA

DaveinOlyWA 3rd Time was Solariffic!!

Vehicle:
    2013 Nissan LEAF
    Model:
    Persona
    COOL!!

i may soon have a collectors item...hmmm. gotta go wax my car

15. Tideland Prius

Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Yup. So do those with Salsa Red Pearl and Millennium Silver, although that depends how Classic Silver looks like. Silver Streak Mica is really silvery so it'll be interesting to find out.

16. bookrats

bookrats New Member

Danny -- major thanks for posting this.

But I'm a bit confused by one thing you mentioned -- the new Magnetic Gray color. From the chart Craig posted (thanks Craig!), it looks like the '06-'07 Prius won't be available in Magnetic Gray.

Am I reading this wrong?

Also, just out of curiosity -- was the information about the Prius interior colors in the 2006 Prii not in the PDF file you and Craig pointed us too, or have I missed it somewhere.

Again, major thanks for posting this -- my partner is deciding on when to get a Prius based (mostly) on color.

17. Danny

Danny Admin/Founder
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    The information I received came from mrv over on PriusOnline, who got the info from Dianne. I agree with you that I don't see that color as marked for the 06 Prius.

That's one reason I believe some of this information to be pure speculation, although I would love to have that Magnetic Gray available for the 06 Prius. It's the color I would probably go with.

Is she in the same boat as me? Trying to decide between an 05 or an 06 based on what the color options are going to be?

18. bookrats

bookrats New Member

Thanks for confirming, Danny -- much appreciated!

Unfortunately, she is now. She'd planned to wait for an '06 -- wait and order one in December -- based mostly on new colors (she's not crazy about the existing Prius colors).

However, a few weeks ago someone totalled her '86 Tercel (without any injury to her, thank God.) So her need for a new car is much more acute.

She just rented a Corolla from our local Toyota dealer. She wanted to rent a Prius, but none for rent. However, if one comes available, they will call her.

19. twbutler

twbutler New Member

I have a 2005 Prius on order, but it has not yet arrived at port. With the new tax credits available in 2006, I am thinking of cancelling and getting an 06 in January instead. 8)

Does anyone know anything more about the changes for the 2006 MY? I am wondering if some of the proposed changes have been decided for sure, particularly adjustable (more comfortable) seating, and better sound.

Thanks...

20. bookrats

bookrats New Member

Unless news has come out in the last few days, there have been no substantiated info on '06 model changes, besides colors. Just rumors.