1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

2006 Toyota Prius Changes - Possible

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by Danny, Jun 6, 2005.

1. bwgeiger

bwgeiger New Member

It would be GREAT if a power driver's seat were available. I haven't had it happen so far in my Prius.. but my Suzuki XL-7 seats would cause a lot of backaches & pinched nerves down my leg. Power seats offer the most by allowing adjustments up...down... tilt back.. tilt forward... as well as, of course, forward & back of the entire seat. I can't believe this type of thing isn't standard since we're not all cookie-cutter shaped....

2. driver centric

driver centric New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(bookrats\";p=\"113008)</div>
    Substantiated is the operative word. I've read quite a bit of "news" posted without a source, so I'm hoping for an official announcement on the 06 model changes soon.

Has anyone heard of any futher price increases for coming models, or is it expected that the recent $300 increase will simply continue into 2006?

3. EricC

EricC New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Several people have posted about hearing from dealers that the price will go up a couple of hundred from the current msrp. I don't think even the dealers really know just yet. If they are really going to start taking firm orders for the 06 around the 15th of the month I would hope info of some sort would come out soon. Pretty hard to sell a car you know nothing about as far a price or options I would think. Of course I have already told my salesman that I want an 06 so I guess that is not always the case.

4. DaveinOlyWA

DaveinOlyWA 3rd Time was Solariffic!!

Vehicle:
    2013 Nissan LEAF
    Model:
    Persona
    toyota announced a price increase on 2006 models of about 1.43% i believe on the Prius

5. Tideland Prius

Tideland Prius Moderator of the North
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    oye. Prices in Canada have been rising too.

6. AnOldHouse

AnOldHouse Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    Danny, it looks like you're going to get your color choice for 2006. I just spoke to my dealer today.

He said he has the new color order codes. He confirmed that both Tideland and Salsa are being dropped in favor of Silver Pine :pukeleft: and Barcelona Red Metalic. He also said he has the order code for "Magnetic Gray."

7. Sunroof99

Sunroof99 New Member

i hope they finally provide a SunRoof option w/ the 2006 model. This is certainly feasible even with the aerodynamic roof design and curvature... just look at any of the new VW Bugs: they provide a sunroof option and that roof is far more challenging and curvy...

8. AnOldHouse

AnOldHouse Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    I've been seeing a car, a Mercedes, I think, that has a sunroof that runs front to back rather than across. That would be a good solution to having a sunroof in a Prius.

9. bookrats

bookrats New Member

Thanks for the confirmation on "Magenetic Gray", David -- I will pass that on as a choice. I think my partner's first choice is Flint Mica, but she might also be interested in this color as well.

10. bookrats

bookrats New Member