1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

2006 Toyota Prius Changes - semi-confirmed

Discussion in 'Prius, Hybrid, EV and Alt-Fuel News' started by Danny, Aug 10, 2005.

1. Danny

Danny Admin/Founder
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    With these changes you sure can tell that Toyota is paying attention to the Prius Community, can't you?

MP3 and Aux-In were 2 of the first complaints about the Prius.

2. Houston

Houston New Member

3. Tideland Prius

Tideland Prius Moderator of the North
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Those with the grey interior will have burgundy door panels and dashboard.

Hmm, Houston, you're at Saltspring? I may be taking a trip there later this August so I'll look out for your Prius!

Also, about the tyre pressure monitoring system. I know the Sienna's system just alerts the driver about a tyre with low pressure and that's about it. Does anyone know if the newer ones in the Corolla, Matrix and Solara have more features? It'll be cool if Toyota could add tyre pressure readouts on the 4 wheels in the Energy Monitor.

4. _echo

_echo Junior Member

Hmm.. I wonder how this MP3 implementation will be done. If it's the same head unit with a MP3 decoder chipset built in, there might be enough similarity to do a plug and play drop in on the 04/05 models???

Hopefully no firmware changes will be needed in the MFD...

That is about the only feature I truly miss having in my prius. Given the cost of the aux boxes and ipod2car devices, toyota coudln't want THAT much more for a new head unit, could they???

TPM is practically useless if it's just another idiot light.. To be effective at increasing MPG, we need like 2-5 PSI resolution...

5. AnOldHouse

AnOldHouse Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Four

• When discussing the possibility of my ordering a 2006 and available colors, my dealer this week confirmed that he already has the Pruis color order codes which include the Silver Pine Mica :pukeleft:, the Barcelona Red Metallic, Classic Silver Metallic and the Magnetic Gray. I never mentioned "Magnetic Gray" or asked if it was going to be one of the choices, he simply listed them out to me.

6. bookrats

bookrats New Member

So it sounds like Flint Mica is not in the cards. C'est la Vie.

(Actually, my partner is interested in the Silver Pine Mica -- so I guess there's some demand for it. Maybe it will make her wait for the car shorter. :) )

7. Tideland Prius

Tideland Prius Moderator of the North
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Just a thought. Why isn't there any mention of a height adjustable driver seat or telescoping steering wheel?

8. TJandGENESIS

TJandGENESIS Are We Having Fun Yet?

★Lewisville, part of the Metroplex, Dallas, in the
    Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    BIG time agree. It's the only thing that makes me slap my head and say 'doh!' ; why did I not wait just a few more weeks/months?