1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

2006 Watch: saw a silver pine mica Sienna

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by Jack 06, Nov 4, 2005.

1. Jack 06

Jack 06 New Member

Winters, CA: Prius capital of US. 30 miles W of S
    Thought I'd post this here, then transfer it to the big 2006 thread, where I was afraid it'd get lost in the shuffle if I just added it.

I'm very disappointed in silver pine mica. It's bland and washed-out-looking.

It's a perfect day here for evaluating colors: bright sun, but with thick clouds blocking it out frequently. As I approached the SPM Sienna, my first reaction was, "is this supposed to be silver or gold?". If you can imagine a "neutral metallic" color right on the line between silver and gold (beige), that's how it struck me.

Especially parked next to a Desert Sand Mica, which by contrast is darker/deeper
    /richer-looking. I would buy desert sand if Prius offered it; too bad.

So if you want a lighter color that isn't white, your choices are SPM and classic silver (which also looks washed-out next to millenium).

Thank goodness for seaside, barcelona red and magnetic gray, at least for us bolder-is-better types.

Another '06 tidbit: the Sales Mgr. said the MSRP window stickers would be printed 11/21. This kinda confirms 11/17 as price announcement day.

Finally, this dealer (N CA) has a white Pkg # 5 on the lot for $24K even. And it's a Costco-affiliated dealer, so $23,250.

2. Tideland Prius

Tideland Prius Moderator of the North
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
  3. Spartan

Spartan New Member

Jack,

I feel the same way. I saw a silver pine mica Sienna yesterday in a Sams club store and was also dissapointed. It has a pale look to it. I do not know if it will look any different in a Prius as it is a smaller body but going fot the classic gray seems my only choice. :unsure:

4. Jack 06

Jack 06 New Member

As it appears on my monitor, the color pictured is quite a bit "richer" than what I saw with my eyes.

PLUS---see all those trees around the car? Some of the "car color" is actually reflected "leaf color". The actual color is a lot more pale, sadly...

5. Tideland Prius

Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    I'm certain it must be the trees that are bringing out the depth of the colour green. I recall seeing one on the street and it was pale green, more towards the Prius picture we see at the Toyota Pressroom

6. fshagan

fshagan Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    I'll have to see one in person ... that's the color I have on order (for 2006, after the first of the year). The picture I have is a light, metallic green and very pretty. Its even up on the refrigerator to tempt me every morning.

I may go with plain old white if I don't like the color in person.

7. fshagan

fshagan Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    I went and saw a Silver Pine Mica on a Sienna at my local dealer ... and I think it looks great. It is a light color, but that's what I wanted, and to me, it looks very similar to the picture of a Prius in that color that I printed on my inkjet (haven't seen the brochure so I can't compare to that picture).

8. Rancid13

Rancid13 Cool Chick with a Black Prius

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    And that is why I'm leaning towards Seaside. Or black. Still undecided in that territory as I like them both almost equally. Although Seaside is 'funner' than black....black just looks so darn sleek! So I guess whichever one my dealer gets in first is what I'll have. :)

9. Godiva

Godiva AmeriKan Citizen

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Well, I'm not trading up my Prius yet as I 've only had it since April and am about to put Brian's spoiler on it. Then it will finally be where I want it.

But I am disappointed in Toyota's continued fascination in pale, washed out color. There are some beautiful colors out there. Why does the Prius have to be in all faded colors except for the black and the new red (which I haven't seen yet.)

I bought a black Prius because I wanted a gray interior (which I didn't get) and a bolder color. Gray was only in White, Silver and Black.

Didn't like the beige or tideland.

If either the blue or the red had come with a gray interior I would have chosen either of those.

Now I understand the gray interior is available on all of the new colors except the beige. That's good. I haven't seen the new red. But that still wouldn't be enough to tempt me. Not even with the tax rebates. I'd have to buy new decals, a new stiffening plate and spoiler. Then there's all of the leather accessories I've put on. I'd have to clean off all of the velcro.

I am going to look into getting just the armrests and center done in Leather over the holidays.

My dream would be for the next generation Prius (2009 out in 2008) to have a nice, deep, dark blue. With a gray interior. That I'd order in a second. I'd even consider getting the top of the line too. As long as it was *still* a hatchback. I usually only buy a car once every 10 years. But for that I'd make an exception. I'd even order one, which I've never done before. I just hope Brian is still making his plates and spoilers then.

10. Jack 06

Jack 06 New Member

One black car in a lifetime was enough for me. Never again.

Bring back the three best Prius colors so far: Aqua Ice Opalescent (you heard right), Blue Moon Pearl (my fave, a dab of purple in your sky blue) and whatever that green was called in '01. I'd buy that green now, though I wouldn't have then.

11. Tideland Prius

Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Electric Green Mica?

I second that!

12. Jack 06

Jack 06 New Member

There's a red Prius on the Japanese Toyota site (link around here somewhere) that MIGHT be Barcelona---it sure isn't Salsa. There's a dazzling blue, too, apparently a Japan-only color (as the red may be also). I'd buy that blue in a heartbeat.

I picture Toyta's Mad Paint Mixers in a giant warehouse somewhere. They all have glazed-over looks with pasted-on, tiny grins. They have churned out thousands of colors for their bosses' inspection. In a little corner office is the Color Naming Team. Body parts from all the Toyota lines, painted every color possible, are strewn everywhere. One is working on his/her umpteenth shade of Fuji Apple Pearl, another on Sparkling Teal Mica. A computer printer in the office spits out millions of Color Name Word Combinations. A compact nuclear-powered microwave oven-like device in another corner vaporizes teriyaki sauce-sized jars of Failed Paint.

13. Jack 06

Jack 06 New Member

I secretly thought you might like that CONSERVATIVE color. :)