1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

2007 AUX from XM wires?

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by Mercian, Nov 24, 2018.

1. Mercian

Mercian New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    I
    I have a 2007 Prius base model that does not have a aux cable...I've checked multiple times where they should be (armrest by the cigarette lighter). I very much want to listen to podcasts and such. I bought one of the radio transmitters that allows you to create a FM station, but the sound quality sucks. My beautiful baby prius did come outfitted with an XM Radio that I have never used as it has not been activated since I purchased the car. I don't really care for satellite radio.

Has anyone used the wiring from a XM Satellite Radio ad on to create an Auxiliary input?

Do you think simply adding a 20 pin Audio input adapter would work?

2. PriusCamper

PriusCamper Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    If you can find a vehicle at a junkyard or a friend you can figure out where on the back of the car stereo deck the wires are to wire that in. Or it might be as simple as pulling the deck and seeing what it says on the back? Back in the day, they'd have wiring diagrams stickers on the deck, but haven't look at the back of my deck on my Prius yet.