1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

2007 GEN 2 - weak HV battery but the modules are ok

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Technical Discussion' started by cosminman, May 8, 2017.

1. cosminman

cosminman Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    II
    I guess I could get one arround 100 USD. But if my ECU is ad wouldn`t the dealer have seen it when he put it on tester?

Trimis de pe al meu LG-D858HK folosind Tapatalk

2. cosminman

cosminman Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    II
    I cleaned the MAF and the Throttle body. Definetly an improvement in Idle, but the other simptoms are the same. The error lights on dashboard have dissapeared, I think because of the 3 restarts I have done since they appeared. Does that mean that the error is erased, or it remains there for the toyota tech to find?

I also managed to get the freeze frame from torque. How does it look? (besides being blie text over dark backround ) Screenshot_2017-05-11-22-19-06.png //cloud.tapatalk.com/s/5914b9b7c6683/Screenshot_2017-05-11-22-19-06.png?

#22 cosminman, May 11, 2017
    Last edited: May 11, 2017
  3. cosminman

cosminman Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Here is the second screen from torque. Screenshot_2017-05-11-22-18-54.png

4. cosminman

cosminman Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    II
    And this is how blocks voltage looks on my torque. It used to show all of them, now it shows only the first one, or sometimws the first 4 ones. This is one strange car, starting to regret I bought it, especially since we have not such thing as lemon law... Screenshot_2017-05-11-22-25-20.png

Trimis de pe al meu LG-D858HK folosind Tapatalk

Meg&Bear likes this.
  5. dolj

dolj Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Definitely looks like you have a problem with HV battery sense wires. Maybe look into that.

Meg&Bear likes this.
  6. cosminman

cosminman Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    II
    ...Problem solved... You wouldn`t believe it.

The toyota tech started to check the car according to the repair manual. Maf ok, throttle body ok (I cleaned them last evening, ). Gas pressure ok. Compression ok. But still faulty and weak.

He did everything the manual stated and we got out for a testdrive. The location of the dealer is at the base of a long ascent, arround 4 miles. By the middle of the hill the error came back. The tech couldnt believe it. We got back to the service. When we were there,the battery fan was turning audible (not on full speed tough). He put it again on tester, same error. Battery was showing no codes and the cells were at max 0.2 volt apart.

The foreman of the shop had the idea to check the air pipe that goes to the filter enclosure. It is very curved and has a resonator on the lower part. Bingo!!! In there was resting a shop towel (a rag, quite old from the looks). It was the rag I used when I check oil level, probably forgot it near the air suction and it got in.

The rag

1494607217104.jpg

The place where it got stuck

1494607239841.jpg

Now everything is back to normal. The force is with my prius again :)

Thank you all for the support, love you guys.

Meg&Bear and m.wynn like this.
  7. cosminman

cosminman Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Forgot to mention that the voltage readings of the bloks in torque turned to be faulty because of the app. I reinstalled it and is is ok now.

Posted via the PriusChat mobile app.

Meg&Bear and SFO like this.