1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

2007 headlight retaining clip-broken plastic

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by jb151, May 19, 2016.

1. jb151

jb151 New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Hi. My 2007 Base Prius requires yearly light bulb changes. The grey plastic (housing?) that the retaining clip latches onto is missing. Essentially, I am sliding the new bulb into the metal housing with nothing for the clip to grab onto. The passenger side still has the plastic housing. Does anyone know the part number or is this an entire headlight housing replacement? If it's entire, do you have any suggestions on where to buy inexpensively? Much thanks,
    Big Hands

2. johnnyb588

johnnyb588 Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    I
    I'm not positive exactly which part you are describing, but my guess is that it would be on this diagram (see link) and you would be able to identify the piece you are missing. Most of the housings and brackets are around $10-$20.

2007 Toyota Prius Headlamps & Lights Parts headlamp components parts - OEM Toyota Parts

Attached Files:

3. jb151

jb151 New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Thanks. I don't even see the famous finger gouging retainer clip so guessing the clip and housing are bundled with another part or the big housing itself. Anyone that has changed these bulbs becomes intimately familiar with the clip and fun attaching it (on other cars it might be called a bailing wire). Only recently did I use a small mirror to see - low and behold the driver's side clip had nothing to latch into. Searched the plastic, "Catcher", areas under the car - no dice (though I found the bulb my girlfriend dropped).