1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

2007 MFD Fading Out

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by claypot2, Sep 11, 2016.

1. claypot2

claypot2 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    The MFD on my husbands 2007 Prius has been fading out over the last year or so. I thought he had wiped the display screen with something that made made it hard to see but he says he didn't. Anyway, the center of the screen is almost invisible now and the edges are dim and in the sun very difficult to see. Also hard to make the touchscreen work at times. I've looked around but haven't seen anyone complaining of a fading screen. All I see is people having problems with the touch buttons being unresponsive. Anyway, I figure he needs a new MFD but I'm not sure how to figure out the exact part number to see if we can find one on line. His Prius has a backup camera but no navigation and it is bluetooth enabled. Does anyone have any idea what the model number is for this part or how I figure out what the model number is without removing it first?

SteveKHollywood likes this.
  2. SteveKHollywood

SteveKHollywood New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    I'm having the exact same issue with my 2007 Prius in Hollywood FL.. Any suggestions about how to resolve?

3. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    replace it, i guess.