1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

2007 Prius 12V battery causing my issues?

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by Barry Hines, Apr 21, 2018.

1. Barry Hines

Barry Hines New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    ----USA----
    Newbie here I am having an issue with my 2007 Prius. I am getting the warning lights (!), VSC and the dreaded red triangle. Took it to get it diagnosed and the codes I got are as below. I know the main was says to replace the battery but I had this done in May 2017. I did get a warranty but that was issued by a company that is only out or Texas and I now live in Washington State. I was reading that the 12V battery can sometimes cause the vehicle to act weird at times if its a bad battery. The 12V in my vehicle was purchased 45 days ago and I didnt think this could be the issue. So my dad and I took it out and connected to battery tester/charger he has and its showing that the charge on the battery is way lower then it should be for a battery of its age(2/18). The vehicle is not running any different than it has been when everything seemed to be working right. I did notice today that the hybrid fan did kick on in the back and begin to blow quiet loud on my way back from the auto parts store. I really hope the 12V is causing all of these issues. Any suggestions?

P0A80
    P3011
    P3000
    C1241
    C1259
    C1310

2. SFO

SFO Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Raytheeagle likes this.
  3. Barry Hines

Barry Hines New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    ----USA----

4. ChapmanF

ChapmanF Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    It seems that you "really hope the 12V is causing all of these issues". It seems unlikely to me, but is that going to satisfy you before you've gone down the road of either at least charging, or replacing, the 12V? If not, then you should probably first satisfy yourself that you've pursued that avenue, then go from there.

-Chap

5. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    welcome!
    what voltage are you reading?

6. fotomoto

fotomoto Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    You have several codes and signs that the rebuilt pack has or is failing; quite common. Being so far away from the rebuilder makes the warranty basically worthless now.

Sorry for the bad news.