1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

2007 Prius abs codes. Battery died immediately after parking

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by Austen2007whiteprius, May 11, 2023.

1. Austen2007whiteprius

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    So I got
    c1241 c1256 c1344 c1391
    A lot is pointing to a faulty abs actuator. Looks like a pretty extensive job and pretty pricey. I’m budgeting to take care of this issue but in the meantime need to use the car. Just bought the car with these codes drove around about 3-4 weeks all was good. A few days ago after blasting music and having a good time I parked turned off the car and boom, it was dead as a door nail. Eventually got a jump, got going and took the car home. I hear the pump going off all the time even when the car is off. I’m guessing this is draining the battery which ultimately led to me having a dead car the other day. So my question is this: the car seems safe to drive without abs as long as I’m careful driving, so In the meantime can I just disconnect the negative terminal when I park so I don’t cause a draw on the battery? And could I theoretically drive like this indefinitely?

2. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    Sounds right

3. Tombukt2

Tombukt2 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Model:
    Base
    No you can't drive around like this indefinitely at some point it took my car two years a bunch of the brakes will fail mine three failed I had one right front brake working a little bit so needless to say you step on the break the car would try to head to the ditch etc I already had the part on hand got home that evening changed it manually bled the brakes and have never looked back then work like they always have. So as long as you have a good brake pedal You can drive My car never run the battery down at all during the break issue so you better find out what's up. I don't think the brakes run all night while you're in the house sleeping matter of fact I know better because my car is right outside my window sometimes and I would hear that and I don't hear anything after I walk away with the remote the car locked up and closed after about 5 or 6 minutes it is dead unless you walk by it with a remote and it sinks it needs to wake up and all this kind of stuff I don't think so I don't think it will run and run the battery down. Then of course you need to make sure you're 12 volt passes a load test. If you're 12 volt is questionable no good.

4. SFO

SFO Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Did you go step-by-step through the workups for the above OBD2 codes, or did you need help finding such?