1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

2007 Prius ABS,VSC,(!) and Brake Lights on!!!

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by Eric Bruni, Aug 25, 2012.

1. Patrick Wong

Patrick Wong DIY Enthusiast

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    I do not know what you mean by "maintenance mode".

If by that you mean you had the car IG-ON (where all instrument panel warning lights are on) and ran the cabin ventilation fan, that certainly would have drained the 12V battery. This is an inadvisable practice.

If it was really necessary to flush the engine coolant system, just let it cool down for an hour in between flushes. Same thing with the spark plug change - let the engine cool down overnight and change the plugs early the next morning before the car has been run.
    See above. Perhaps a transient on the 12V bus resulting from the heavy electrical load caused a glitch in the skid control ECU. Who knows.

2. nh7o

nh7o Off grid since 1980

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Model:
    II
    66 = Linear Solenoid Valve Offset Learning Undone
    95 = ECM Communication Circuit Malfunction
    42 = Open in IG1 / IG2 Power Source Circuit
    45 = Acceleration Sensor Output Malfunction
    That does look like ECU death which will require real techstream to sort out.

3. Helio

Helio Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Happy day today.

Dropped off the car last night and received the call at 9 this morning. He stated the ECM lost its information and needed reprogrammed; there were no issues with SKID ECU or actuator.
    Ticket read:
    "Reset linear valve offset & zero point calibration for codes c1203 & c1345.
    Had b1200, b1207 & b1270 codes in history from when fuse was removed to ship to dealer. Cleared codes.
    Also bleed cooling system to include coolant storage tank.
    Brakes ok (front 6mm, rear 3mm left"

The codes did suggest EC death but he stated it's really difficult to understand what's going on with codes and lights until the ECM is interrogated. He also stated he has seen this twice during a coolant change in their shop and they had to go through the same process. Interestingly, he had to dump the coolant...that's what hurt the most!

The total cost with rental car, taxes, and "shop supplies" was $304; I have no complaints. This was a good experience and I'm switching to this dealer. They checked out the whole car, advised the serpentine was cracking and asked if I wanted it replaced and didn't give me grief when I declined.

4. The Critic

The Critic Resident Critic

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    Glad to hear about the resolution. They probably had to dump the coolant since they filled the cooling system using a Matco AirLift (or equivalent)...which requires the system to be mostly empty for it to do its job.

5. Holly Vu

Holly Vu New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    Did u bring to dealer ? Can i know how much it costs?

6. Iam

Iam New Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    Two

I Know this is a very old post, but this is the first non video thing that came up when I had a similar issue and searched for 07 Prius abs, VSC lights on off randomly. So maybe since I randomly ended up here someone else might, so here is like 10 + hours of research I did.
    So I apologize if this is a bit fast pased but YouTube collage can fill in the blanks: So to determine the ABS / VSC LIGHTS (check engine light is different) you bridge the OBD2 #4 (CG) & #13 (TC) points (see picture) then you with your foot off the gas push the on button twice, I recommend using a camera on the lights display. As you want to count the flashing (!) ABS VSC lights independently as they will all flash at different intervals. This is your code, when you turn on the car it will all blink wait three seconds then start your count it will be like blk.blk.blk... blk. Blk (ect) (would be code 32 blk. Blk. Blk =3 ... = Pause blk.Blk = 2 ect) this is the same for all three lights independently. Now (as the post above mentioned) you take the code and find it on the other picture I've posted, this will tell you at least where to start, hope this helps you as it did me.
    To clear the codes same "jump location" then on then break pedal 8 times within 5 seconds.
    Oh, and the codes per light will line up with the page VSC page = VSC codes ect this is directly from the technical services manual. :)

Attached Files:

mr_guy_mann likes this.
  7. ChapmanF

ChapmanF Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    Good information there!

It's also worth mentioning that those three tables (where you can look up the ABS, ECB, and VSC blink codes, always being sure to look in the right table for which light blinked the code) are not the last word on what the codes mean or what to do about them.

Once you find the codes in those tables, the repair manual also has an entire section for each code that you find, explaining exactly what the code means, how the ECU detects the condition, and what troubleshooting steps you can use to resolve the issue.

Iam likes this.