1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

2007 prius almost all warning lights are on

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Technical Discussion' started by m14s29e, Nov 28, 2020.

1. m14s29e

m14s29e Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Continued to drive by clearing errors many times
    I shouldn't have done that. But I had to. Voltage readings are in the picture. I'll inform you tomorrow.

2. m14s29e

m14s29e Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Good news, one guy said $300 for an inverter and a complete battery set. I'm going to pick it up tomorrow. I'm going to combine my good modules with the good modules in the battery I'm going to get.

3. dolj

dolj Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I agree with PriusCamper, I think you are jumping the gun with the inverter. Fix the hybrid vehicle (HV) battery first and then see what (if any) codes indicate a problem with the inverter.

m14s29e likes this.
  4. m14s29e

m14s29e Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    II
    You're right. But two days ago, when my car broke down, I got the p0a78 error. They said it was the inverter. I'm not sure. Of course I'll test it first. But I'm afraid it's going to burn my new battery kit.

PriusCamper likes this.
  5. m14s29e

m14s29e Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    II
    The battery's changed. There's nothing wrong with the battery. I'm getting a P0a90 error. It's probably the inverter.

6. PriusCamper

PriusCamper Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Do you have any screenshots of what the hybrid battery pack looks like in Dr. Prius app?

Also if you want me to get my spare inverter to you we'll have to figure that out because it's a bit heavy for reasonable shipping costs.

And need you to check driver car door edge for month in 2007 your Prius was made as my spare inverter is only compatible with Prius in second half of 2007 or newer.

m14s29e likes this.
  7. m14s29e

m14s29e Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Eayes, I'll show you the readings tomorrow.

PriusCamper likes this.
  8. m14s29e

m14s29e Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    II
    I looked at the values. 210 volt and voltage diff is 0.009

Attached Files:

9. PriusCamper

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    That's definitely lowest Temp I've seen... Must be cold in your garage/car port... Only concern in that screenshot is voltage is so low, it's nearing threshold of not having enough power to start the engine. Will the warning light allow you to force charge (foot on brake, car in drive, floor the accelerator) or not? Also what month was your Prius made? Are you still interested in my spare inverter? I used my friends business account and got it at 1/2 price / wholesale: $75 in June year before last... So if you can figure out shipping costs and throw in a little extra for my effort to box it up and drop it off at the shipper you'll get a great deal.

10. m14s29e

m14s29e Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Hello, thank you for taking care of it. I'm not sure about Invertor. The moment I step on the gas, the red Warning light appears. And it's not moving. The engine never start. The P0a90 error code won't allow it.

11. m14s29e

m14s29e Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    II
    I'm going to try something for the last time tomorrow. Then I'm going to stop trying and sell the car. That's all I can do. I'm a 23-year-old with poor mechanical knowledge.

12. PriusCamper

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Well, I tried googling to find minimum voltage required from HV Battery to start engine and couldn't find it, but if I were you I'd consider 208v too low and try to charge up the modules in order to eliminate lack of power from HV battery, which essentially is the P0a90 error code.

Hopefully someone else on here who knows min voltage requirement to spin engine will let us know?

Also I just went through this thread again and no mention of the health of your 12v and if you have a bad 12v than can create all kinds of chaos, so get that cleared up too.

m14s29e likes this.
  13. Tombukt2

Tombukt2 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Model:
    Base
    Ive this same issue My batteries seem great , Hybrid battery seems to charge and discharge properly. car drives very well went over 188 miles yesterday.. all dash lights like pic above everything working on car perfectly.. I changed to another working Dash / speedo plugged it all up NADA.. Red Key Icon steady I dont have key for the spare dash . But Me thinks dash should still light.??

14. PriusCamper

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Those warning lights on your dash store error codes that tell you what to fix and you can clear all of them with the push of a button on a phone app... Dr. Prius app to be exact.

All you need to do is buy one of these inexpensive devices: Hybrid battery diagnostic and repair tool for Toyota and Lexus

15. dolj

dolj Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Rather than tagging onto another person's thread (called hijacking), start a thread of your own with all the details of your car and its symptoms.

A good place to start is to have all the codes read and post them in your first post. Warning lights are not really useful, because all they tell you is the ECU that the light relates to has some diagnostic information to tell you. Therefore it is not a lot of use titling a thread with this light is on or that light is on; a better idea is to find the code or codes and title your thread with that or those.

Good luck.

#55 dolj, Dec 8, 2020
    Last edited: Dec 8, 2020
  16. PriusCamper

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    It's not hijacking when you have the same problem as the person who started the post. And please refrain from starting new threads... We have near 15 years of new threads on here. All your answers to fixing error codes when you get dash lights can be found with google search with keyword priuschat.

17. dolj

dolj Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Yes, it is hijacking. Further, keeping a different car's problems in separate threads makes it much easier to focus on that car's problem and the OP's problem stays in focus, too.

But is it the same problem though? Like I was trying to explain, just because there are a set of lights on and another car has the same set of lights on does not mean that they have the exact same problem. There could be literally hundreds of different error scenarios represented by a combination of lights.

I agree searching seems to be very challenging for newcomers, but I doubt that will change anytime soon.
    You missed out something very important. Before clearing the codes you should actually attend the the issue. Fixing the problem is the best way to ensure warning lights stay off. Blindly clearing codes does not fix anything.

#57 dolj, Dec 8, 2020
    Last edited: Dec 8, 2020
    edthefox5 likes this.
  18. ChapmanF

ChapmanF Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    At the very least, if you're going to try clearing the codes, read them and write them down first.

Some of the trouble codes have detection conditions that are very tricky to meet. You can have an incipient problem that took a long time to trigger the first code. If you blindly clear it with no record, and it takes six months to meet the detection condition again, you've sacrificed that much head start on dealing with the issue.

19. PriusCamper

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    You have a lot to say about how to help people who post on here with dash light problems, yet you don't seem to show up in those particular diagnostic threads. I guess that's because you're here to argue not help people.

I'm here to help people, not argue. Anyone with dash lights needs someone to help them, not someone to tell them how to behave. At this point I'm about the click the "ignore" button on you because comments like these and others by you are too often hijacking threads and are a waste of our time.

20. Tombukt2

Tombukt2 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Model:
    Base
    so still as usual like ToyMods love to argue want new threads Eh Otay.. ive no codes As chk engine light works wen it wants the burn marks on my speedo board are nothing near the 100 diode yall replacing .. ive macro pics to send to the guy in TX see what he says .. so theirs that thanks all