1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

2007 Prius Base model P0A63

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by Juju2, Feb 25, 2023.

1. Juju2

Juju2 New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    Base
    Hello I recently purchased a second gen prius it needed a new 12v battery which I replaced and 4 out of the 28 traction battery modules were under 6volts. I found some online that were over 7.5 volts and replaced. At the same time I replaced all bus connectors and nuts with Nickel plated hardware. Put new tires on it and off I go for a couple of weeks no issues then the red triangle pops up P0A63 keeps popping up. I am able to clear it get it in ready mode and when parked and started again the triangle pops up. I got to the traction battery today to see the modules voltages and to my surprise all 28 modules are 8 volts a piece . Any pointers where to go next?

2. Tombukt2

Tombukt2 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Model:
    Base
    Do you have a sub code there is a subcoder INF code or something necessary for the main code you're providing here helps to narrow it down.

3. ChapmanF

ChapmanF Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    P0A63 indicates an issue with the sensor inside the inverter that measures MG2's W phase current. If you're looking in the battery you're at the wrong end of the car.

The current sensor is inside the inverter but it is wired to the HV control ECU, so simple wiring damage is a possibility. The repair manual gives a sequence of things to check.

Toyota Service Information and Where To Find It | PriusChat