1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

2007 prius battery

Discussion in 'Newbie Forum' started by mgroszhans, Feb 19, 2017.

1. mgroszhans

mgroszhans New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    ----USA----
    Having problems with 12V battery. Do not use prius very much. Many short trips. Less than 150 miles a week and sometimes less. Battery has failed to start car twice and dealer has checked and charged battery and said everything checks out. Same thing happened last night. Time between problem is about 2 months .any suggestions?

Posted via the PriusChat mobile app.

2. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    welcome!

replace the battery?

3. JC91006

JC91006 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    II
    I think you should buy a new battery. The old one is not holding the charge very well.

You might want to start the car in the driveway for about an hour every week. Just leave it in the driveway to charge the battery weekly

RCO likes this.
  4. jerrymildred

jerrymildred Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Welcome! You might get more responses in the Gen 2 Maintenance & Troubleshooting section. But it looks to me like, with your short trips, you might need to put it on a trickle charger. And, despite what the dealer says, you might need a new battery. How long have you had the car? A Prius doesn't get spectacular mileage on short trips. But then again, it should still do better than most. But you do need to drive it long enough to charge the battery back up, as with any car.

Edit to add:
    Ha! Got two responses while I was typing. I guess you'll get plenty of answers here, too. :D

RCO likes this.