1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

2007 prius blowing cold air

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by Jimmp55, Dec 19, 2016.

1. Jimmp55

Jimmp55 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    My 2007 prius will start blowing hot air and then after a few hours it will blow cold air and then start blowing hot air again. I am thinking it's low on antifreeze, but it is getting warm again. I am wondering also if the themostat is starting to go.
    Thank you in advance,
    Jim Pflieger

Posted via the PriusChat mobile app.

2. GT4Prius

GT4Prius Active Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Excel
    More info needed to answer your question.

If the system is on auto then it depends entirely on what cabin temp you have set vs the outside temp.

My car also seems to have sunshine sensors and if it sees sunshine my 07 can turn the a.c. to cold a bit too readily and I have to up the cabin temp to compensate.

Posted via the PriusChat mobile app.

3. bikes4u

bikes4u Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    more info needed. Is this with the temp set to max high? is this while its being driven down the road? What outside temp?

These cars dont blow as hot as many other cars because the engine doesn't create much heat being small and efficient so you may do a thread search on grill blocking. I have blocked my upper grill with pipe foam insulation which seems to help some.

4. valde3

valde3 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Have you checked the coolant level in the radiator? You need to remove the plastic shroud under hood and then remove the radiator cap to check that system is full. ONLY DO IT WITH COLD ENGINE.