1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

2007 Prius Bluetooth speaker issues after accident

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by kapeed_0077, Dec 16, 2010.

1. kapeed_0077

kapeed_0077 New Member

Hello: My 2007 Prius was in a auto body shop due to a minor accident recently. After the repair, I have noticed that the phone calls via bluetooth only can be heard from left (driver side) speaker and it is slightly crackly and faint. The radio/CD works great and can be heard from all speakers. The auto body shop person told me that Prius bluetooth only works on left speakers only. I tried playing with all bluetooth settings/volume and still have the same issue. I distinctly remember having hearing phone calls from both left and right speakers. Please advice.
    Thanks.

2. Britprius

Britprius Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    The body shop is right the bluetooth and nav commands only come from the drivers side speaker, left hand side in the states right hand side in UK.

3. drew_flux

drew_flux Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    as above only from the drivers side.rght side in my case. as for the call being feint, they most likely unpluged your aux battery. go into the diagnosis screen-bluetooth screen then adjust your incoming and sent voice levels.

4. kapeed_0077

kapeed_0077 New Member

Thanks everyone for the earlier replies. I have noticed that faint and crackly sound also happens with the built-in GPS voice guidance. I have increased the volume and still same issue. I am taking to the Toyota dealer today to get looked into.
    Thanks.

5. kapeed_0077

kapeed_0077 New Member

Update to anyone with the same issue in the future. The dealership tech found that speaker cable was not connected properly and hence the faint sound on navigation and Bluetooth.