1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

2007 Prius Brake Pedal Going to Floor

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by Operation Husky, Dec 7, 2023.

1. Operation Husky

Operation Husky New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    LE
    Hello, has anyone else had an issue like this?

I have recently noticed that my brake pedal goes to the floor very easily - just a bit more resistance than the gas pedal. It is slightly worse when the car is off, but even on and while driving, the resistance is quite minimal. I have not really noticed a difference in braking power and when I slammed the pedal to the floor while driving (slowly), the wheels locked up and ABS flashed, so braking power doesn't seem to be an issue (at least not yet). Could it be the pedal resistance simulator is going bad? Maybe internal seals? I have no dash lights and it is not leaking fluid.

The car (to my knowledge) has never been in a wreck, it is on its third hybrid battery, and has 154,000 miles. It does probably need new pads and rotors as the brakes have been screeching quite badly.

Any help would be appreciated. Thank you.

2. Tombukt2

Tombukt2 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Model:
    Base
    Wow three hybrid batteries and 154,000 miles in this model that is really quite something I guess the car what must be rusting away? I have friends that are in Minnesota and it doesn't seem to be too good to vehicle You should manually bleed the brakes You can look up how to do this here there should be plenty of tutorials just see if you have anything going on I guess the master cylinder for the brakes is on the full mark the reservoir over there by the windshield washer bottle? I doubt the master cylinder is bad or the strokes emulator but it's possible I just kind of doubt it seems like it would be more air than anything else.

3. dolj

dolj Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    If the pads are down to the squealers then replacing the pads and most likely the rotors would be high on my list before doing much else.