1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

2007 Prius Custom - Moving to Australia!

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by Trunks, Oct 10, 2016.

1. Trunks

Trunks Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Hey gang!

No, that's not a typo in the title. :) I am excited to announce that I will be moving to Australia (Hobart, Tasmania, to be more precise) very soon! The one contingency that I have is my 2007 Prius. I need to find a good home for it, and I'm hoping that someone here might, or know someone who is interested in, becoming the next owner of my project car. I didn't see a "for sale" section, so if this post is in the wrong area, please feel free to relocate it.

So, let me tell you about this car: This is a 2007 Toyota Prius. When I purchased it three years ago, it had 93k miles on it. It currently has 116,475 as of the time of this post. In that time, I have done a *lot* of work to the car; my attempt to make it something other than your stereotypical Prius. I have been meticulous on the upkeep, maintenance, and rebuilding of this car, so whoever ends up with it can be assured that it is nearly new in its condition. This is a full custom conversion with tinted windows (35%), headlights, and tail lights. Carbon fibre hood, new custom front clip and side skirts, 16" wheels with run-flat Goodyear tyres. Known locally as "The Extreme Prius".

- All leather interior with heated seats
    - PS/PW/PL/Tilt, Cruise, A/C, Rear Wiper and Defroster
    - 6 CD player with factory on-screen display
    - Averages 40-46mpg, has hit 50mpg on long trips!

The car has what are known as "Ghost Stripes", meaning that the black paint on the body is slightly lighter than the striping, making it hard to notice. All of the chrome has been blacked out, giving the car a very stealthy look. It had a 2.5KWh add-on battery pack (plugged into 110v, roughly 20 mile range on battery only) which has already been sold. The tyres were purchased because I removed the spare to accommodate the battery pack add-on, which took up the trunk area where the spare was located. The tyres have just over 3k miles on them and are the same size as the Touring Package Prius, which keeps the speedometer accurate. The spare and tool try have since been put back in the car. I have the original front bumper and (dented) hood, along with the original set of 4 steel wheels and lug nuts, which I'll gladly give to the new owner if they want them. The front windscreen has been replaced with the soundproof tinted version, and the whip antenna has been replaced with the shark fin antenna, which has also been painted to match the car.

My plan is to move roughly 30 days after the sale of the car. It is the last roadblock to me going, and I'd love to find a good owner for it before the weather starts to turn. The car has all new brakes, fresh paint, and the front wheel hubs have both been replaced (under warranty). I can provide records for all work done on the car since its purchase. Please feel free to reply here with any questions you might have. I have nearly $18k invested - I am asking for what I owe on the car and not a penny more, which should be right about $13k. I also have a complete library of photos showing all the bodywork and paint, if you would like to see them as well. Thank you!!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

bisco likes this.
  2. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    gorgeous! i have read that used pri are hard to come by in illinois. all the best with your sale and move!(y)

Trunks likes this.
  3. fotomoto

fotomoto Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Since this is posted in the general forum and not the classifieds, I'll throw out some advice on pricing. The OP should check kbb.com, nada.com, local/area craigslists and ebay for pricing for 2007 Prius. Hint: the price range is well under 1/2 the OP's asking price.