1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

2007 Prius Error Code Help!

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by darkgiant, Sep 15, 2015.

1. darkgiant

darkgiant Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Hello!

I ran the Techstream software on my 2007 Prius this weekend, and I saw the following error codes on the software. I have attached an image of the errors.

I am wondering, are these errors a big concern? The car drives absolutely fine, and gets absolutely fantastic MPG, so not sure if these codes are nothing to worry about.

Attached Files:

2. valde3

valde3 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    B1421 is normal. It’s caused by not parking in clear sunlight while reading codes.

C2318 is low (12V system) voltage error. Low 12V system voltage can cause random errors so I don’t think it’s worth to even look at those historical codes. Check, charge or replace your 12V battery and clear the fault codes.

Toyota Prius: How to Check the 12v Auxiliary Battery Health - PriusDIY.com or better if you use multimeter.

3. darkgiant

darkgiant Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Thanks for the clarification!

The car was indeed parked late at night on my driveway. As for the 12V Battery, I ran the test you mentioned on the car and it gave me a healthy reading from the Diagnostic tool, how can I clear those fault codes and try the test again?