1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

2007 Prius headlight upgrade questions...

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Accessories & Modifications' started by inderocker, Apr 6, 2023.

1. inderocker

inderocker Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    What are my best options to upgrade my lackluster factory HID headlights? LEDs? Halogen assemblies?

2. Leadfoot J. McCoalroller

Leadfoot J. McCoalroller Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Prius c
    Model:
    Two
    You can install fresh new burners in the setup you have right now. That and a polish goes a long way.

3. ColoradoCrow

ColoradoCrow Active Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    I
    I understand your woes. My wifes halogen housings were toast. I polished them way down and jut ended up Buying new ones and using LED Bulbs However the LED Bulbs had Splotchy beam pattern and we switched back to normal Halogen bulbs. It improved due to the nature of the Halogen light source but not as good as OEM. IMHO this is due to the non OEM $75 each cheap knock off housings from Amazon are.....well.:p.cheap knock offs with an inferior reflector on the inside. In hindsight I could have kept the old reflectors and put them in the oven at 200 degrees and then pryed off the old housings and then do the same to the new housings and switch them with new vinyl sealant. This is a lot of work......or just bite the bullet and buy OEM Headlight Housings. $157 Halogen....$298 HID EACH............ for a Lot more. :cautious: Olathe Toyota Parts BTY
    My Prius has the HID and also need to be replaced. but at $600 .........unsure of what I'm going to do yet.

4. ekaziak1

ekaziak1 New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    which brand of aftermarket halogen headlight assemblies you went for?

5. ColoradoCrow

ColoradoCrow Active Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    I
    Amazon. $148. Don’t know the brand. Evan something. I’ll look it up in a few days. When back at work.

6. nolotank

nolotank Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I swapped my halogens for LED bulbs from Amazon a few years back.

Set up a tape line on the garage wall before I started working to verify the cutoffs didn't change, and was pleasantly surprised when they did not one bit.

Make sure to get bulbs that have a shield over part of the forward set of LEDs. The shield is also in the halogen H4 bulbs and directs the low beam to the right place within the reflector. Example

I'm not sure how much brighter they are, but I do think they light up roadway reflectors and reflective signage much better than the halogens did.