1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

2007 Prius MFD

Discussion in 'Newbie Forum' started by Jmart91, Dec 7, 2017.

Tags:
  1. Jmart91

Jmart91 New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    Base
    Hello all,

I am new to this website and am in need of some help. My MFD went out about 5 months ago, i didn't worry to much because i could control the AC using the steering wheel. Now that winter is upon us i am in need of the defroster since i leave to work early in the morning. What i can control is the radio not using the MFD, the ac auto button on the steering wheel as well as adjusting the temperature, and the volume button on the steering wheel. So my MFD and all the buttons on that frame, the defroster , voice, and map buttons on the steering wheel don't work. I am aware that i can send it in to get fixed for $325 but i would rather not. Can someone please help me locate a pin out diagram for each connector on the back of the MFD? My hope is to route the wires associated with the hvac to a control somewhere else not yet decided.

2. Elektroingenieur

Elektroingenieur Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    Three Touring
    Toyota’s Electrical Wiring Diagram for the 2007 Prius (EM03Q0U) is available by subscription to techinfo.toyota.com. Your local public library may also sponsor access for its patrons to the ChiltonLibrary service, which includes most of the EWD content.
    Keep in mind that the interface between the Multi-Display and the A/C Control Assembly is not a set of discrete wires for each function that you could easily connect to your own switches or potentiometers. Instead, the two devices exchange multiplexed digital messages indirectly: the Multi-Display communicates with the Gateway ECU over an AVC-LAN bus, and the Gateway ECU communicates with the A/C Control Assembly over a BEAN bus.

RCO likes this.