1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

2007 Prius, No Dash Lights Not Starting!

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by shairaz, Mar 5, 2012.

1. shairaz

shairaz New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Hi

2007 Prius with 105,000 miles, all was ok until after afew days when I went to the car, I unlocked with the remote key, put the key in, and nothing lights up or happens.
    The interior lights and headlights are fine, but nothing comes up on the dash, no amber/green start button, no radio etc.

I have attached a booster pack to the 12v battery but still nothing.

The car recognises the key and the flashing key light goes off once I put the key in the fob.

Any ideas pls

2. justlurkin

justlurkin Señor Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Is your 2007 still using its original from-the-factory 12-volt starter battery?

If it is, it's time to get a new 12V batt. Will cost you around $150 or so.

3. Faz

Faz New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    If the battery is at fault would the lights still come on full beam and would the car still not start if it a booster to it ?

4. justlurkin

justlurkin Señor Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    The hybrid system in the Prius will only start and go to "READY" mode if there is sufficient voltage in the 12V battery. If the voltage isn't enough, headlights will still work but the hybrid system won't go to READY, so I heard.

You can also check the fuses to make sure none are blown.

5. cnschult

cnschult Active Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    why are you procrastinating? the 12V battery seems to be responsible for 90% of all prius problems and is a cheap and easy fix, was this really the first 'problem' that has occurred in the last few weeks? most dying 12V batteries will give you hints that they are dying. Given the life expectancy of oem 12V and the effort it takes to replace a it I recommend the Optima DS46B24R, if its unavailable or will take too long an oem battery will work just fine, albeit for half the life expectancy of an optima