1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

2007 Prius not starting

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Technical Discussion' started by Rogger Willis, Jan 3, 2012.

1. Rogger Willis

Rogger Willis New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    I have a 2007 Toyota Prius. When I press the brake pedal and press the start button the engine does not start or the wheels are not powered by the battery. It gives me the following errors;

The indicator in the Start button lights in Amber Color.
    0 kmph mark is not activated in the dash board pannel.
    When I shift the gears it only shifts to neutral ("N") gear.

I cant move the car forward or backward. An error message is displayed in the MFD in Japanese language. It is in Japanese and I cant read the error message.

Can anybody translate this message to English and give me advice what to do with this?

I really appreciate that as I am stucked with this car with out a propper dealer in my country.

I can't post a link to the picture of the error message as I am still new to this site. Hope you would be able to help me.

Please help..

2. 2k1Toaster

2k1Toaster Brand New Prius Batteries

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    Sounds like your 12v battery is dead. Hook up a 12v charger and try and boot that way.

Make sure you connect the 12v jumper polarity correctly. Incorrect polarity may irreversibly damage your inverter (~$3,000USD).

You can use the jump start terminals under the hood.

3. Rogger Willis

Rogger Willis New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    Thank You very much. I rechrged the battery and installed. It worked.