1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

2007 Prius Radio "LOUD" static at startup.

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by Rick 432, Dec 29, 2022.

1. Rick 432

Rick 432 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    I have a 07 with 69,990K trim level 3. I do not have the JBL audio system. Here is the issue. When I go to start the car for the first use of the day, I get a horrible loud static noise from all the speakers. At first, it only did it once. I shut the car off and turned it on again and the noise was gone. Then I developed something different. Sometimes the radio would not come on at all (no sound from the radio or CD player). If I shut the car off and turned it on, the radio would be fine. Now we get to the last few days. When I start the car, the loud horrible static noise starts. I shut the car off and turn it on again a few times. The radio will sometimes work fine. Today, I started the car five times with that static noise. On the fifth try there was no sound. On the sixth try the radio was fine. After I do that the radio is fine for the rest of the day.

I've checked this site and the internet but nothing like this... maybe I missed it. Any help would be appreciated.