1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

2007 prius replaced drive battery, will not go in drive

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Technical Discussion' started by Greg Grieve, Jun 16, 2016.

1. Greg Grieve

Greg Grieve Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I ordered the mini vci on line I am pushing prius ot in parking lot till I get mini vci

LGL22C ?

2. Greg Grieve

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Thanks for all the help I hope the mini vci will give me some leads.

LGL22C ?

3. Greg Grieve

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Still waiting for mini cvi cable, on applying brake and pushing power button, I see READY light go on and off 2 times then stay off,how many times does the drive battery relays click?

4. strawbrad

strawbrad http://minnesotahybridbatteries.com

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    II
    You should hear three clicks. There are three relays. A positive, negative, and precharge relay. The precharge relay connects through the big white resistor next to the relays. I think it is the positive relay it is in parallel with. On start up up the precharge and negative relay close. The resistor limits the in rush voltage to the big capacitors in the inverter. A moment latter the main positive relay closes. I am not sure if the precharge relay opens once the positive relay is closed. You can not hear it open.

On shut down you can hear the two main relays open.

If you hear two clicks as the ready light goes off that would suggest the relays are opening. A high voltage leak will produce such results. With the Gen II Prius you can not restart once a high voltage leak present. Disconnecting and reconnecting the 12 volt will allow the car to start and run normally once. You have to push the power button twice with your foot on the brake on the first start after disconnecting the 12 volt battery.

Brad

Greg Grieve likes this.
  5. Greg Grieve

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    0623161856.jpg

Well I got the mini cvi cable, and ran health check. Code P3004 (power cable malfunction)checked the library 3 things it could be, P3004-130, P3004-131, P3004-133, I checked the orange main fuse plug again for the 10th time, it is ok. so I took hv battery cover off to check hi volt cables. removed the plastic covers on the relays what the heck, No nut on one of the cables, they forgot to put one on! So I put a nut on it, Cleared code,I put my foot on the brake, pushed the power button, everything GOOD. thank to all that put me on the right path. Thank you Thank you. poo poo to DORMAN they will be hearing from me.
    CASE CLOSED

#25 Greg Grieve, Jun 23, 2016
    Last edited: Jun 27, 2016
    strawbrad and bisco like this.
  6. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    congratulations!!!!!(y):cool::p

Greg Grieve likes this.
  7. zais

zais New Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    Base
    Congratulation! i have the same problem as yours if you can help me with that i would be appreciated! This is my story .. I was driving and everything was just fine..then i parked and pushed the pak button afterward in seconds I got the red triangle showed up on the dash(happened with me before) so I said its normal! But when i got back to turn on the car it did not turned on to reverse or drive just N And P... Any solution

Thanks