1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

2007 Prius stolen fob

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by geraldo, Sep 23, 2015.

1. geraldo

geraldo Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Hello Prius people.

Last night our home was burglarized. The burglar stole an extra SKS fob for our Prius. We have one remaining fob.

I've had a very difficult time determining what needs to be done to delete the stolen key from the car. Each dealer describes a different method and cost for the procedure ($400-900).

It seems like there should be an easier way to delete a key code. I have programmed a fob using the "chicken dance" procedure, so I have some appreciation for how the system works. I found this thread here:Need to deactivate stolen key fob for 2009 Prius (NHW20) | PriusChat, but I lack the tools and courage to replicate it.

Is it really that complicated for the dealer to do this? IS there some magic vocabulary I could use to better describe what needs to be done?

I apologize in advance if this is the wrong forum for this thread or I overlooked an easy answer somewhere.

2. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    check with 3prongpaul and ovni, they seem to have it down. i think the dealers are just making a fortune on most peoples ignorance.

3. JC91006

JC91006 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    II
    It should be really simple to delete, you can buy the mini vci cable and do it yourself. It's about $25 on Amazon and runs off Windows

4. Britprius

Britprius Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    The VCI is the way to go. Not only will it delete the stolen fob from the cars memory it will program the car to a new fob.

John

5. DMC-5180

DMC-5180 Active Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Although sks has extra steps involved, when I added a new non-sks fob to my system. I read that the system only stores up to 5 codes. In order to deauthorize a lost/stolen fob you must deauthorize ALL stored codes then reauthorize each fob you have again. This was doing the chicken dance method. Perhaps the VCI cable method allows you to select individual codes for deletion.

6. 3prongpaul

3prongpaul Hybrid Shop Owner, worked on 100's of Prius's

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    There is no way to delete an individual fob. Basically the system deletes all fobs but the one you have in the dash then you re-add the ones you want. This way the "stolen" fob gets deleted. There is probably a chicken dance alternative but I use Techstream. I know a guy with official techstream in Delaware if you're up for a road trip and don't want to mess with Mini-VCI (techstream)

chronon likes this.
  7. Britprius

Britprius Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    The official Techstream can be downloaded from there web site within Europe, and is the same as that supplied with the VCI.
    Global Tech Stream (GTS) software - Toyota Service ...

John

#7 Britprius, Sep 26, 2015
    Last edited: Sep 26, 2015