1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

2007 Prius Trouble

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by Lana Hopkins, Nov 21, 2020.

1. Lana Hopkins

Lana Hopkins New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    So this all started about 3 weeks ago. I backed my Prius too far and I got it stuck at an elevation. (it bottomed out). Since we didn't have a chain to pull it out, we had to go to lowes. Before we left it was able to start, but when we came back it wouldn't go into drive or reverse, only neutral, all the emergency lights were also on. We were able to pull it out and back into its parking space, but the issue still remained. After reading through a few forums we were able to come to the conclusion that it needed a new 12V battery. After we installed the new battery the car was able to start and go into drive and all of the emergency lights went away. However, we now have two problems that we have not been able to solve. First, after the vehicle starts the gas gauge shows only one blinking bar. The gas tank is full. Second, we have to hold the Start button in order to turn the car off. Any solution? 20201121_112635.jpg 20201121_112640.jpg

2. dolj

dolj Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    The blinking bar on the gas gauge is nothing to worry about, it is in the process of resetting itself. It will display correctly once it has done that. It can take anything from 5 min to 5 days.

Having to hold the start button to turn the car off (and the accompanying blank dash) is because the new 12V battery with a healthy 12V supply has highlighted that your Combination Meter (CM) has failed. Research here about that, and when you are ready Matt @Texas Hybrid Batteries can help you with a refurbished unit that you exchange for your faulty one. Alternately you can send him your to be repaired. It only takes a bit of DIY to remove the dash and the CM. If that is not your cup of tea, you can see if a local repair place will do the work for you.

Lana Hopkins likes this.