1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

2007 Prius w/ Nav & JBL, Sony XAV-AX3000, and ASWC-1

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by AmericanIdiot, Apr 13, 2022.

1. AmericanIdiot

AmericanIdiot Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Hey everyone, so crazy that after all these years the products just don't work like magic.

Anyhow, I put into my 2007 Prius w/ Navigation and JBL speakers a Sony XAV-AX3000. I used the Metra TYTO-01 interface harness and that part works great.

I wanted to preserve the steering wheel controls so I picked up a Metra ASWC-1 along with the Metra 70-8114 harness. The ASWC-1 correctly detects the Sony headunit. I have also programmed the ASWC-1 with the following buttons
    • Vol+
    • Vol-
    • Seek Up
    • Seek Down
    • Mode
    • Push to talk (PTT)
    • On Hook
    • Off Hook
    1. The problem is that the PTT, On Hook, and Off Hook buttons don't seem to work with the Preset button configuration
    2. The alternative is to custom program the buttons, but when I try to do that it says that I can't use the same buttons for Vol+/Vol-, Seek Up/Down, On Hook/Off Hook.
    It seems like the ASWC-1 is correctly receiving the button presses from the steering wheel, but then isn't passing on the information correctly to the XAV-3000. I saw that Metra released a video for the ASWC and Sony XAV-AX5000 through XAV-AX8000 that says to use radio type 22 (Axxera - resistive). I've tried that and it doesn't seem to work either.

Any ideas?

dlandersson likes this.
  2. AmericanIdiot

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Hmmm, strangely after posting this I set type to Radio 22 (Axxera) and it worked. [solved!]

dlandersson and bisco like this.
  3. XrunDan

XrunDan New Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    III
    Do you have any pics of this installed in your car? I am planning on am upgrade myself and would love e to see how it looks.

4. AmericanIdiot

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Here you go. The inner left vent trim crumbled during the install so I had to get a replacement. I went with the cheapo $25 one from China instead of the OEM and it works good enough so far.

IMG_20220426_153230.jpg

5. Happyandsadperson

Happyandsadperson Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    i-Tech
    your setup looks great. I am just curious whether you found the Sony XAV-AX5000 to integrate nicely with the 9-speaker JBL system? Did you find them to be adequately powered? Considering the same upgrade myself.