1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

2007 Prius will not start, video enclosed

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by B4CDriver, Mar 9, 2018.

1. B4CDriver

B4CDriver Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2002 Prius
    Model:
    I
    Been trying this for a while. I bought this at auction from the NY City fleet. The car would not start, then the car somehow started for me twice, but never again. Only the check engine light and pass airbag light illuminate, and I get the P lock malfunction:

Brand new tested battery, hybrid system completely checked and passed, P CON fuse is good, the blue wire from the inside of the fuse box gets 12V from the P CON fuse. I am at a total loss. I think I have more than one problem, I'm looking for any ideas on what to look at next.

2. ericbecky

ericbecky Hybrid Battery Hero

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    If you have a car this old you will definitely want a version of Techstream software plus something like the VX Diag nano. Cost you less than $100 and way more versatile than scangauge.
    Search Result: Techstream

There is a code and Techstream will point you in the right direction.

Could be park lock actuator. Which is a pain to get to, even though it is just 3 bolts.

SFO likes this.