1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

2007 Prius without cat for sale in RI

Discussion in 'Prius Cars For Sale' started by Vilem Helesic, Jul 20, 2022.

1. Vilem Helesic

Vilem Helesic New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    Base
    Hi guys, anybody interested in 2007 Prius Touring with 168,500miles? Rhode Island inspection sticker valid untill 12/23. I changed the auxiliary battery few days ago only to find out that the catalytic converter was meanwhile stolen:(. As the car serves in our family only as a backup we decided to let it go. Brand new auxiliary battery, 3 brand new tires with ~60miles, one tire bit older with ~2,000miles, muffler changed last August, trunk liftgate and breaking pads changed year and half ago...and windshield washer nozzles:)). AC compressor is fine, but AC is not working now as the outlet on the cable from the inverter was cracked in the last actuator change so the cable needs to be replaced. I didn't do that, as the summer was almost over and we were using the car rarely. The actuator was changed with another cheap old unit from ebay and would need to be changed in some near future again. Like if you'll be driving the car only on short trips, you will probably not notice the problem, but for longer highway trips would be the replacement needed, it already beeped on me again. Key fob is bad, locking and unlocking the car like crazy, so I took out the batteries and I'm using the key. If you would prefer to use the fob, it would need the replacement too. The car is definitely not mint and the exterior is weathered, but it's working fine, hybrid battery holding strong (mpg according to computer still 50-53mpg). Right now you can hear also the rust on brakes, but it just needs to be brushed away by breaking (we have a new baby and the car was used just 3 times since winter). Ok, right now you will not hear that, because without the stolen cat it sounds like Harley Davidson:). We live in Cranston, Rhode Island

bisco likes this.
  2. JC91006

JC91006 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    II
    You can replace the Catalytic converter with an aftermarket one, it shouldn't be that expensive and the car will sell for much more after it's fixed. If the car is insured, it should be a simple insurance claim.

Vilem Helesic likes this.
  3. rjparker

rjparker Tu Humilde Sirviente

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Three
    Nothing is helped by breaking it. Cars use braking to slow down.

Vilem Helesic likes this.
  4. Vilem Helesic

Vilem Helesic New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    Base
    :))). Funny typo:).

bisco likes this.
  5. Vilem Helesic

Vilem Helesic New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    Base
    Thanks for reply! Only the liability was insured:/. I know that you can buy cheaper cat than original, but I simply do not have energy and time to that this way, especially with the baby on board and moving in the near future

6. JC91006

JC91006 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    II
    The thefts are so rampant, most muffler shops will have what you need. In and out in a few hours.

Alternatively you can sell your car for $2000-$3000 without the Cat. With a Cat, this would sell for double

7. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    you have a great car, in very high demand right now. that's a half million mile car if you take care of it.

don't leave any money on the table