1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

2007 prius wont start after inverter pump damaged

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by aswaat, Sep 30, 2014.

1. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    surprised you didn't get any warning lights. is your inverter fluid swirling when you remove the reservoir cap with the car in ready?

2. Patrick Wong

Patrick Wong DIY Enthusiast

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    You probably need to replace the inverter coolant pump and you may have to replace the AM2 fuse if it has blown. Look at the inverter coolant reservoir for fluid turbulence - if you do not see this then the pump is not operational.

See my post here:
    How to Replace the Inverter Coolant Pump | PriusChat

3. aswaat

aswaat Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Hi Patrick,
    You had been great help in the past with my Prius and also my Sienna.
    I have recently got a 2006 Sienna and want to ask you about that.
    Sienna Chat people dont help and you have been very helpful in the past.
    I wonder if you will be still willing to answer my questions about 2006 Sienna. I am stuck with and cant even sell without some work done on it and I want save as much because whatever I spend I wont be able to recover.

4. aswaat

aswaat Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Here is info on 2006 Sienna XLE limited, 92K
    all power sliding doors (including rear lift gate) dont operate by interior buttons. they operate by exterior handle. reading on sienna chat they said it need actuator motor which cost like 200 per door wit minimum 3 hours labor on each door.
    The 3rd row powered seat is not working with high beep and alarm light on.
    All buttons on steering dont work.
    Horn doesn't work
    air bag light does not turn on when you turn on ignition
    the battery drains and every time need jump start. May be battery need replacement but something is telling me there might be circuit break somewhere.

Your advice is highly appreciated.

Thank you,

5. Patrick Wong

Patrick Wong DIY Enthusiast

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    It is time for you to obtain the electrical wiring diagram and repair manual info at techinfo.toyota.com

Then maybe you might have a chance to figure your vehicle’s numerous issues.

Also, measure the quiescent current draw when the car is IG-OFF and all doors are locked, to see if an abnormal current drain is causing the 12V battery to discharge. Normally you would expect the drain to be around 0.02A.