1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

2007 Toyota Prius

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by tduff311, Sep 21, 2017.

1. tduff311

tduff311 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Hello all! This is my virgin post in these forums.

I have had a 2007 Prius for about 3 years now. I bought it at 57k and am now at 151k.

It has run beautifully. I have changed out, on my own, all shocks, struts, coils, lower front control arms, sway bars, coolant pump and belt, and my front wheel hub assemblies.

I have yet to have a power steering flush, transmission flush, or brake flush. I have also not changed the spark plugs. My auto shop is recommending all of this as well as a rear drum clean and adjust and front pad lubricate and inspect.

He wants $1,100 to do this.

I am pretty handy and mechanically inclined. Given what I have already done to the car (above), do you think I'm safe to do the flushes and spark plugs?

Also, has anyone had trouble with both low beam headlights shutting off and only turning on when you cycle the headlights from off back to on again? Was one, now it's both. I ordered replacement bulbs on Amazon, as I'm hoping they're simply going at the same time...

I want another 100k out of this; please let me know of any other recommendations!

Thanks! IMG_7928.JPG

iPhone ?

bisco likes this.
  2. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    congrats! absolutely, and rid yourself of the term 'flush', there is no such thing on a prius, just drain and fill.

2) take a look at your maintenance schedule.

3) check out the headlight threads, there is a solution.