1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

2007 with 4K miles on it--lost it's fricking mind

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by Jeffgb, Jul 12, 2007.

1. mootsman

mootsman New Member

Some of you self-appointed arbitrators are wearing me out. Do you look under your bed for trolls at night? The cloistered nature of this community (taken by some) likely prevents many lurkers from ever posting. As far as potential trolls go why not either ignore or consider the benefit of doubt?

2. hill

hill High Fiber Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Chevy Volt
    Model:
    Premium
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Rae Vynn @ Jul 12 2007, 04:07 PM) [snapback]477671[/snapback]</div>
    Toll defender ! ! !
    :p
    no, come on now. By acknowledging the usual good mpg went away, that's not troll-esq .. is it? No.
    I'm for waiting to see what the tech says.
    And what he says the tech says. Might come in handy if it happens to me. But I'm sure not going to ask any of YOU folks what it might be :D

3. patsparks

patsparks An Aussie perspective

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Original Poster
    Please ignore all the crap from people who think you are a troll,

There is nothing what so ever wrong with your car. The engine was running as it does to warm up systems like cat con and engine while you were reversing. The car is driven by the electric motor when reversing but the petrol engine can still run.
    Now, have you ever had a car that tells you what milage you are getting at any moment? No? Is it possible your last car got 1.5 mpg while reversing out the driveway? A sheman tank probably gets 1 mile for 3 gallons at slow reverse.

It makes no difference overall what milage you get reversing when the engine is cold in the scheme of things, it's the miles you get from a gallon of fuel that matter. How long is your driveway? If it was a mile long this would cause a problem but even if it was the engine only runs for a few minutes then it would switch to electric. I bet soon after getting out of your driveway and up to speed you might see 99mpg on the instant display, is that a problem? No? Overall you get great milage because it all averages out.

I wouldn't bother going to the dealer with this, it is a non-issue

4. patsparks

patsparks An Aussie perspective

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I should have read the whole thread before posting.
    To improve my first bar in the MFD I press the EV button to reverse onto the street from the garage and allow the car to start the ICE 25 metres down the road from my house. The car gets rolling so when the ICE starts I'm covering some ground so the first 5 mins doesn't have the 2km/h crawl onto he road in it.

I know I'm kidding myself but I had to use the oportunity to brag about having an EV button from factory.