1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

2008 Aux in port not working ???

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by SBrine1971, Aug 11, 2008.

1. SBrine1971

SBrine1971 New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    I just purchased an aux cable to connect my iPod to the AUX port and I'm not sure if I just bought a dud cable, but I get no sound when I connect my iPod. My iPod thinks it is connected and is playing, but I get no audio.

My iPod works with a FM transmitter through the stereo, but I want to use what I paid for with the Pkg #2 and get better audio quality.

Am I doing something wrong? Maybe try another brand of AUX cable??

Any input is greatly appreciated!

2. aminorjourney

aminorjourney Mum to two prius!

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    What iPod do you have? Is it one with a recessed headphone jack? I know that the first gen iPhones and recessed iPod headphone jacks sometimes let you plug the cable half-way in. That's enough to stop the sound coming out through the speakers but not far enough to actually pass the signal through to the stereo.

Presumably the car displays "Aux" when you select it?

Good luck.

Nikki.

3. SBrine1971

SBrine1971 New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Yes, I have the stereo set to "Aux" mode. I have a 5th gen iPod video and the jack was plugged fully in. I have not tried plugging only in partially though I did try from both ends (i.e. switching which end was in the iPod/Aux port).

Hmm....

4. SBrine1971

SBrine1971 New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    ok, I am a big dork. I had the volume on the iPod all the way down. Sorry to bother the list with such a silly post!