1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

2008 Front & Rear Bumper Replacement

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by T T, Jan 30, 2020.

1. T T

T T New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    Hey all,

When replacing front or back bumpers, what seems to be the best option? Have any of you purchased OEM online or aftermarket bumpers of less quality? Is getting lucky at a junkyard even an option for a semi decnt bumper? Any opinions would be greatly appreciated!

If I do purchase online, who hae you guys had best luck with?

Thanks

2. Jim Hearn

Jim Hearn Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    I have replaced both of mine using this one from eBay. It comes painted to match and well worth the $180 painted .
    Its cheaper because the shipping method is where they fold the bumper ends in and wrap the cover in plastic. When you get it just set it out in the sun for a day and it returns to normal. They do sell them with regular shipping boxes but it twice as much
    NEW Painted To Match - Front Bumper Cover Replacement for 2004-2009 Toyota Prius | eBay

3. PriusCamper

PriusCamper Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Gen 2 bumper covers are near impossible to find in good condition anymore at a low price... But newer models of Prius are still common on craigslist and in other places.