1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

2008 P0A0F Won't start

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by zfk110, Aug 4, 2020.

1. zfk110

zfk110 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Hey I got 2008 Prius what happened my cousin was driving the car, and he ran out of gas, and then he parked on the side with the blinkers on and by the time I get to the car it ran out the battery it was fully dead, so I try to use jumper box and try to start the engine but it wasn't starting, so I called the mechanic he came with his diagnostic box he clear some codes.

I don't know what Mechanic did but I believe he clear the codes whatever the codes were in that after I use the jumper box to start the car and it started for like 2 3 minutes mechanic left I drove the car probably half mile, and then it was stopped again, so I called the mechanic again, and he said that when he was trying to clear the code he saw this code on his computer, and he said you got to find out what's going on with it, so I'm just trying to find some help to see why car would not start it would not go into drive or reverse and when I pressed accelerator it would not do anything.

I check the battery and the battery was coming 12.8, 12.91 sometime almost 13.

#1 zfk110, Aug 4, 2020
    Last edited: Aug 4, 2020
  2. SFO

SFO Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    How many gallons of gas were added before you tried starting it?
    Hope the mechanic wrote down or recorded those OBD2 codes (DTCs) for future reference.
    What was that code, and how are you supposed "to find out what's going on with it" if you don't have that OBD2 code?

It sounds like someone ran out of gas, and then ran the HV battery low. If you can retrieve those codes, please post them here for guidance.

Raytheeagle and zfk110 like this.
  3. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    does the ready light come on?

are you measuring the 12v at the jump point with the car off?

zfk110 likes this.
  4. zfk110

zfk110 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    I added almost 7 gallons of gas in it, he sent me text message with this code
    P0A0F, and asked me to find out what's going with it. This guy is hard to reach I tried to get Intouch with him again, but I couldn't reach him for more info. I got small OBD2 reader I will try to see if I can read those codes.

I watched this video to read the battery status

5. SFO

SFO Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
  6. zfk110

zfk110 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Ok, so I went today to see if I can start the car with another fully charged jumper box, but car still doing the same thing, I had my code reader with me, when I plugged it in it said there is no data to read, but there was an option to read advance DTC code, when I hit that option I saw almost 18 of those codes. I took the pictures of them here. I don't know if they mean anything. I tired to clear those up using my code reader, which didn't do any good.

Attached Files: